Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   2k baseball refugee (/forums/showthread.php?t=598544)

icemann6 01-05-2013 04:58 PM

2k baseball refugee

Now that I don't have a baseball game to play (and also cause my blu ray player stinks and won't play all of my movies) I am considering getting a ps3. However, I am unsure of whether or not to buy one with talk of new consoles on the way. I have tried to find information as to when a potential ps4 might be released and what I found is very confusing. I believe this game is enough to buy a system (especially now that i found out about classic rosters) but not a system which could be obsolete in a year. I guess I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Knight165 01-05-2013 05:13 PM

Re: 2k baseball refugee

Quote:

Originally Posted by icemann6 (Post 2044585023)
Now that I don't have a baseball game to play (and also cause my blu ray player stinks and won't play all of my movies) I am considering getting a ps3. However, I am unsure of whether or not to buy one with talk of new consoles on the way. I have tried to find information as to when a potential ps4 might be released and what I found is very confusing. I believe this game is enough to buy a system (especially now that i found out about classic rosters) but not a system which could be obsolete in a year. I guess I'm curious to know what you guys think.

I'm guessing the the PS4 is due out next year.
If you don't mind taking a hit by selling when the 4 drops, then the PS3 is worth a 1 year deal IMO.
If you really want baseball....current and historical.....you've gotta do it.

M.K.
Knight165

Majingir 01-05-2013 05:14 PM

PS4 could come out by end of the year, but even then, PS3 games will be getting released all the time for years after.

Look at PS2, you had MLB games up until 2010(MLB11). NHL until around 2008(NHL09), and NBA until 2011(2K12). PS3s first sports games came out around 2006(meaning the 07 games)

So the fact that there were games for 3-6 years after the next system came out, could mean that PS3 games are still gonna be out for many years to come. Won't be as good as PS4 games, but getting PS3 at this point all just depends on if you have plans to get the next generation console.

Armor and Sword 01-05-2013 06:25 PM

I have learned you wait 2-3 dev cycles for next gen games.

I did not get a PS3 till August of 2009 and was very happy I waited. It costed me 299 and the games were much better developed by then.

Right now between The Show 12, NHL 13, NCAA 13 and NBA 2K11 your sports games are as good as they can get with minor tune ups for future versions.

If your a baseball junkie MLB The Show 12 is a must with all the historical rosters available.

Jump on it. And wait till PS4 is cheaper and games are better once they get comfortable with the new cpu power. Just my experience.

dingleberryfinn 01-05-2013 06:31 PM

Get a PS3 &, when the price drops in a a year or two, get a PS4.
In the interim you will get a couple of very good years of the Show on PS3
& when you upgrade to a PS4, use the the PS3 exclusively for Blu-ray.
That way you can save on wear & tear for yer brand new PS4!

Bullit 01-05-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor & Sword (Post 2044585295)
I have learned you wait 2-3 dev cycles for next gen games.

I did not get a PS3 till August of 2009 and was very happy I waited. It costed me 299 and the games were much better developed by then.

Right now between The Show 12, NHL 13, NCAA 13 and NBA 2K11 your sports games are as good as they can get with minor tune ups for future versions.

If your a baseball junkie MLB The Show 12 is a must with all the historical rosters available.

Jump on it. And wait till PS4 is cheaper and games are better once they get comfortable with the new cpu power. Just my experience.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I feel that The Show 13 may be the one that holds me until the next gen. That way I can really sink my teeth into Franchise mode and RTTS over a couple of years. Then just waiting for the next gen to catch up with itself.

icemann6 01-05-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn (Post 2044585316)
Get a PS3 &, when the price drops in a a year or two, get a PS4.
In the interim you will get a couple of very good years of the Show on PS3
& when you upgrade to a PS4, use the the PS3 exclusively for Blu-ray.
That way you can save on wear & tear for yer brand new PS4!

Do you think they will continue to support the game on ps3 once the new console is out? I used to have a ps2 and was a huge show fan until I felt abandoned once the ps3 came out and was too rich for my blood.

dingleberryfinn 01-05-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icemann6 (Post 2044585586)
Do you think they will continue to support the game on ps3 once the new console is out? I used to have a ps2 and was a huge show fan until I felt abandoned once the ps3 came out and was too rich for my blood.

It will probably be a watered down version of the PS4 Show after a couple years, but if it's the only game in town & yer a big fan of baseball, it should quench yer thirst lol