Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Random Decision Deck (/forums/showthread.php?t=599392)

jct32 01-10-2013 11:07 PM

Random Decision Deck

Hey guys,

So my Madden CCM is temporarily on hold because I saw a brilliant idea that inspired me. Over on a forum for a text simulation game I noticed that one player had came up with a random way of introducing fun each year into his game. It was called the bad decision deck and each card in a deck of cards was designed a bad decision and at the end of the season he would draw a card and that would be the one he played. I think doing this will help me generate more interest in my dynasties and stay with it longer.

So the problem I am having right now is that I need help filling out my deck. Mine is not a bad decision deck but a random decision deck, good or bad.

Please post suggestions or changes. I would like for this to get filled out pretty soon.

♠ Theme = Signing free agents
♠A --- Sign best free agent QB
♠K --- Sign best free agent RB
♠Q --- Sign best free agent WR
♠J --- Sign best free agent TE
♠T --- Sign best free agent OL
♠9 --- Sign best free agent DE
♠8 --- Sign best free agent DT
♠7 --- Sign best free agent MLB
♠6 --- Sign best free agent DB
♠5 --- Sign the free agent seeking the most money
♠4 --- Sign best free agent based on physical rating
♠3 --- Sign the oldest player in the free agency pool
♠2 --- Wild Card (Player's choice: No card for the season or draw two cards for the season)

♥ Theme = Trading/Resigning players
♥A --- Trade your most expensive player
♥K --- Trade your 3 best prospects for a player that fills an official "weakness"
♥Q --- Trade for #1 overall pick with players from your active roster to division rival
♥J --- Resign a player for for 10 years (or as many as possible)
♥T --- Let all players who's contracts expire this year leave for free agency
♥9 ---
♥8 ---
♥7 ---
♥6 ---
♥5 ---
♥4 ---
♥3 ---
♥2 --- Wild Card (Player's choice: No card for the season or draw two cards for the season)

♦ Theme = Need Help Deciding this Category
♦A ---
♦K ---
♦Q ---
♦J ---
♦T ---
♦9 ---
♦8 ---
♦7 ---
♦6 ---
♦5 ---
♦4 ---
♦3 ---
♦2 --- Wild Card (Player's choice: No card for the season or draw two cards for the season)

♥ Theme = Miscellaneous Transactions
♣A --- Quarterback controversy: Start your second string quarterback for at least 2 games during the next 4 weeks
♣K --- Blind Eye: No scouting during the season
♣Q --- Return to greatness: Fire your coach and replace him with a legendary coach.
♣J --- Bad defense: Change your defensive scheme
♣T --- Bad Luck: Draw a card every week of the season
♣9 --- No more 2 a days: No player progression during the season
♣8 --- Change of Heart: Change your offensive scheme
♣7 --- Off Time: Pick a random starter and create a story of why he will not be able to play in a game this year and use a random number generator to pick how many games he will miss of the next 4.
♣6 --- Player lock: Play the entire next season in player mode with a player of your choice.
♣5 --- Too focused: No coach progression during the season.
♣4 --- Draw two more cards and play both
♣3 ---
♣2 --- Wild Card (Player's choice: No card for the season or draw two cards for the season)

shockman 01-11-2013 04:38 PM

Re: Random Decision Deck

Actually Ive been using cards for my games for years every since the Tecmo superbowl days, lol... Actually, Its cool seeing a variation of what I do posted here....I use card decks for a lot of different things, I started out using decks for playcalling then it evolved into basically everything....signing free agents, trades, etc...Just set it up the way you feel would bring enjoyment to you is the only advice I can give.:)..which isnt very much advice. F-U-N is the name of the game...Peace!