Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Classic 1998 Roster (Xbox360/Madden 13) (/forums/showthread.php?t=599451)

bobthenailer 01-11-2013 09:07 AM

Classic 1998 Roster (Xbox360/Madden 13)

Well I figured I would get things started, right now, thanks to Cursive for allowing me to use his great rosters to help. I'm trying to create a roster for the 1998 NFL season. So far I'm doing my best to make sure that equipment it spot on, but I'm only about 60% done. I have finished the offense and special teams units for every team, however I still have to do the defenses for 30 teams and some work on the free agents. I don't plan on releasing it till its done though and as of yet I don't have any ETA, just wanted to put this out there to gauge interest.

Few problems I'm running into though, trying to get the teams to play like the real thing, the dominance that some O-lines had back then, and get the real special players to play like they did (Barry Sanders and his fancy foot work, Mike Alstott shaking guys off, Cris Carter reeling in impossible catches, Randy Moss and Deon Sanders being faster than anybody else on the field) as well as trying to find the right playbooks to use. Any help/input would be appreciated.

Warren Piecee 01-11-2013 05:35 PM

Re: Classic 1998 Roster (Xbox360/Madden 13)

if you search this board for my posts and threads you can find content that may of help with the 1998 Jets. They were my fav team ever.

Warren Piecee 01-12-2013 02:16 PM

Hello Bob,

I did not realize that it was you who had started the thread.

mo2thewillyo 01-12-2013 07:04 PM

Yes!!! Finally someone making a 90's roster with accurate equipment. Most of these pre-2000 rosters don't have playing wearing the right gear. Kudos to you making one. Can't wait for your to post the roster file in the near future

JLloyd513 01-13-2013 06:40 PM

can anyone give me a link for a classic ps3 roster for madden 13. it doesnt matter what year it is, I just want to play with a classic roster. Thank you

bobthenailer 04-25-2013 10:06 AM

Just wanted to provide an update, I took a break for a while but I'm still plugging away at it. I have about 15 or so teams to go so I'm about 75% done, still need time to do fine-tuning and such. I also have to figure out what to do with the Browns and Texans who were not active in 98 but I have a few ideas.

bobthenailer 10-02-2013 07:57 AM

Well after another extended break I'm back at it. Team Rosters are done, just trying to get the equipment sorted out and work on the FA pool.

If anybody has figured out what Dan Marino's Cyberface is that would be great. I'd also like to get Jim Harbaugh's too so we can get to see him on the field.

Also, for those who have already done it, what am I looking at to convert this madden 13 roster over to Madden 25?

Rysumm 10-02-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthenailer (Post 2044604724)
Well I figured I would get things started, right now, thanks to Cursive for allowing me to use his great rosters to help. I'm trying to create a roster for the 1998 NFL season. So far I'm doing my best to make sure that equipment it spot on, but I'm only about 60% done. I have finished the offense and special teams units for every team, however I still have to do the defenses for 30 teams and some work on the free agents. I don't plan on releasing it till its done though and as of yet I don't have any ETA, just wanted to put this out there to gauge interest.

Few problems I'm running into though, trying to get the teams to play like the real thing, the dominance that some O-lines had back then, and get the real special players to play like they did (Barry Sanders and his fancy foot work, Mike Alstott shaking guys off, Cris Carter reeling in impossible catches, Randy Moss and Deon Sanders being faster than anybody else on the field) as well as trying to find the right playbooks to use. Any help/input would be appreciated.

Feel free to use my 93 rosters as well. You can export players from it and import them into your roster then all you have to do is adj their ratings for the 98 season and adj their age. Also I'm pretty sure either playmaker's rosters or the Legends4 has a sweet Terrell Davis and Priest Holmes with what looks to be their real cyber faces. As far as Barry, Alstott, Moss etc... If you use the actual legend that is in the game you will get pretty real to life simulation out of them. Alstott will have beast trucking, Moss will have huge spec-catch and jump ability etc... It's great that you are working on this I was thinking about getting around to it but just don't have the time.

For help with ratings check this rating tool out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2VjWkE0UV9wSmc

Let me know if I can help.