Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Classic 1998 Roster (Xbox360/Madden 13) (/forums/showthread.php?t=599451)

Rysumm 10-02-2013 10:22 AM

Re: Classic 1998 Roster (Xbox360/Madden 13)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLloyd513 (Post 2044613180)
can anyone give me a link for a classic ps3 roster for madden 13. it doesnt matter what year it is, I just want to play with a classic roster. Thank you

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-rosters.html

It's not complete but has most the teams.

cursive 10-02-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysumm (Post 2045521218)
Feel free to use my 93 rosters as well. You can export players from it and import them into your roster then all you have to do is adj their ratings for the 98 season and adj their age. Also I'm pretty sure either playmaker's rosters or the Legends4 has a sweet Terrell Davis and Priest Holmes with what looks to be their real cyber faces. As far as Barry, Alstott, Moss etc... If you use the actual legend that is in the game you will get pretty real to life simulation out of them. Alstott will have beast trucking, Moss will have huge spec-catch and jump ability etc... It's great that you are working on this I was thinking about getting around to it but just don't have the time.

For help with ratings check this rating tool out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2VjWkE0UV9wSmc

Let me know if I can help.

I'd be willing to lend a hand in this as well, let me know and good luck.

cursive 10-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLloyd513 (Post 2044613180)
can anyone give me a link for a classic ps3 roster for madden 13. it doesnt matter what year it is, I just want to play with a classic roster. Thank you

Rysumm has converted all my Rosters to PS3 and I have them for 360, just click on our name and search for threads we have started.

Rysumm 10-02-2013 10:26 AM

And I just realized this was for 360. So if you could export the roster from the editor when you are done and post it here for us PS3 users that would be awesome.

Rysumm 10-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthenailer (Post 2045520974)
Well after another extended break I'm back at it. Team Rosters are done, just trying to get the equipment sorted out and work on the FA pool.

If anybody has figured out what Dan Marino's Cyberface is that would be great. I'd also like to get Jim Harbaugh's too so we can get to see him on the field.

Also, for those who have already done it, what am I looking at to convert this madden 13 roster over to Madden 25?

In order to convert it just export all players from the editor. This will create a csv file. Then load an M25 roster into the editor and select all players import. Then find your csv file and it will replace all the players with your created roster.

Once you get it back into the game go and reorder each team's roster this will prevent errors like game freezes and invisible players etc...

Thanks for you work!

westview33 10-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysumm (Post 2045521218)
If you use the actual legend that is in the game you will get pretty real to life simulation out of them.

For help with ratings check this rating tool out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2VjWkE0UV9wSmc

I would like to use this specific 1998 year roster file but good lord I hope it's not based off of EA's ratings.

This may not be important to some but IMO those legends ratings by EA are so inflated I'd rather use something that reflects their true physical ability.

EA will rate RB's stronger than some Offensive and Defensive Lineman. I also know for a fact Barry Sanders wasn't a guy who was going to run over anyone but his trucking on EA's rosters give him the skill to do it.

Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith have speed that mirror's world class sprinters but I guess that is EA's way of capturing their true playing style.

One of the reasons why I've stayed away from some of these classic rosters is because you can clearly see some of the ratings make no sense at all and I'm guessing it's because most of the rosters are being driven by the use of EA's ratings for the majority of classic teams and players.

I looked at a file about a week ago for the 70's teams and couldn't believe my eyes. They had many 260-270 lb OL with 90+ strength as if they were Larry Allen and I know Franco Harris wasn't as fast as Darren McFadden is today but on that file sure enough Harris was one of the fastest players in the game.

tommycoa 10-02-2013 02:44 PM

You can find tons of info and equipment at www.comc.com

It's a sporting card website that allows you to look at both sides of the trading card. On the front side you can get equipment and on the backside you can get attributes, tendencies, and sometimes 40 yard dash times. In my experience Bowman and Topps Stadium Club are the best cards to use. Stadium club for early 90s; Bowman for late 90s. With lesser known players, any info is good info.

I've come across very few players I could not find. To me it's the best database out there for roster makers. I used them a lot with my 30 Year College Set and found a lot of the players in their college uniforms and was able to use equipment from college. Pro equipment should be even easier with this site.

tommycoa 10-02-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westview33 (Post 2045522144)
I would like to use this specific 1998 year roster file but good lord I hope it's not based off of EA's ratings.

This may not be important to some but IMO those legends ratings by EA are so inflated I'd rather use something that reflects their true physical ability.

EA will rate RB's stronger than some Offensive and Defensive Lineman. I also know for a fact Barry Sanders wasn't a guy who was going to run over anyone but his trucking on EA's rosters give him the skill to do it.

Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith have speed that mirror's world class sprinters but I guess that is EA's way of capturing their true playing style.

One of the reasons why I've stayed away from some of these classic rosters is because you can clearly see some of the ratings make no sense at all and I'm guessing it's because most of the rosters are being driven by the use of EA's ratings for the majority of classic teams and players.

I looked at a file about a week ago for the 70's teams and couldn't believe my eyes. They had many 260-270 lb OL with 90+ strength as if they were Larry Allen and I know Franco Harris wasn't as fats as Darren McFadden is today but on that file sure enough Harris was one of the fastest players in the game.

I've seen some of these rosters and I've been thinking about going behind the maker and correcting equipment, ratings, and tendencies. If you get that stuff right, this is one of the best football games ever made. Been wanting to do a Madden roster for quite some time bu its so hard to edit within the game. I don't know how to use the editor. Just might take the lazy man's route and edit rosters that all ready exist. Names and depth charts are all ready there. That's the hard work. Everything else is easy once you find the right info.