Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   how to stop wheel routes? (/forums/showthread.php?t=599781)

IUxHOOSIERS 01-13-2013 05:33 PM

how to stop wheel routes?

I just played a guy who did this on me the entire game. I ended up tying it up 31-31 and I had a game winning field goal try. But of course he blocks it and he ends up winning in OT. Cheesers galore on this game.

Anyways does anyone know how to stop wheel routes from the slot receiver and running backs? My corner just gets turned around every time and I can't do anything.

xblake16x 01-13-2013 05:56 PM

Re: how to stop wheel routes?

User defend them yourself? I had a guy in my league do the same and once I took it away he couldn't do anything but go three and out or throw picks

Pandetta 01-13-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblake16x (Post 2044613053)
User defend them yourself? I had a guy in my league do the same and once I took it away he couldn't do anything but go three and out or throw picks

This^

Once someone uses 1-2 plays over and over, it is pretty easy to user the correct defender and intercept the ball.

IUxHOOSIERS 01-13-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblake16x (Post 2044613053)

This guy was doing it on both sides?

Smoke6 01-13-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS (Post 2044613406)
This guy was doing it on both sides?

There's no hope if he's got it locked on both sides, the AI in this game is horrid with defending some of these routes. If I wasnt a sim player, I would nano the heck out of him and give him a dose of his own medicine!

One thing you could try is that run commit feature, that would make him try to get the ball off quicker than normal throwing off his timing, but be careful it forces the front 7 to rush the LOS!