Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Durant's 86 SIT plus 84 SOD plus 86 3PT = CHEESE (/forums/showthread.php?t=600254)

Optik 01-16-2013 12:17 PM

Durant's 86 SIT plus 84 SOD plus 86 3PT = CHEESE

What is 2K's explanation for this? This is without out a doubt (barring the Euro 3 ofc), the most repugnant go-to move in the game. It means that when playing online, I can defend the paint perfectly for 23 seconds in the shot clock, but because jumpshots and layups are both counted in the shot in traffic rating, Thunder users can shoot contested shots with Durant, as if he was shooting an open jumper, and drain them, meaning my defense might as well not be there.

What is this 2K?

It doesn't even matter whether I contest them or I let the CPU contest them, he drains them all the same. This isn't MyTeam either, so I cannot just DRAFT Andrei Kirilenko to the Celtics and stick him on Durant while I guard the paint.

Can you not create two ratings in traffic, one for jumpshots and one for layups? Can you not just lower the SIT rating? Even simpler, can you not just adjust the jumpshot release and takeoff sliders?

Why do we have this BS in the game? Ray Allen should not be taking Avery Bradley off the dribble and nailing contested 3's all game or even worse, fading and nailing.

When was the last time you saw Ray Allen even TAKE a fadeaway, never mind make one. Heck, when was the last time you saw Ray Alen take a DRIFTING fadeaway, as if he was Kobe, never mind making it. His SOD is TOO high.

Fix this.

giftedchick 01-16-2013 02:49 PM

Re: Durant's 86 SIT plus 84 SOD plus 86 3PT = CHEESE

you've seen him play before right (allen as well)?
in real life?
just wondering

beast10 01-16-2013 03:07 PM

The don't know about the sod but kd is great shooting in traffic

amoiz786 01-16-2013 03:35 PM

To the people saying KD makes contested shots IRL are right, but he also misses a fair bit. In 2k13 It would not matter if you had skyscraper infront of him he will get it in. Same for other players like Melo.

beast10 01-16-2013 03:38 PM

The only person I see cheese in is Monta Ellis he hits everything despite his rating. I think they gave his the LeBron engine because I can give him a 35 in Mid Range shooting and he'll still kill me from there. But as I'm typing this I forgot about the observational I made about it , it's the jump shot form I make almost everything with it.
Base 11 or Monta Ellis Base (They're the same)

MrWise33 01-16-2013 03:54 PM

Just Call for a double, He wont make it Over 2 defenders

Jazzin 01-17-2013 03:53 AM

You know, great offense will beat good defense most of the time.

KD has been the scoring champ for the past three seasons for a reason...

If the NBA was somehow programmed like 2K, the NBA would be boring as f***
If nba players could not ever hit contested shots, it would be the worst national sport to ever exist in America. Players are in the NBA for a reason... (If you didn't know it's because they are good)

Vni 01-17-2013 04:30 AM

From my experience KD doesn't make every contested shot in HOF SIM. I've kinda locked him down a few times too.