Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine (/forums/showthread.php?t=600314)

mooch49 01-16-2013 07:39 PM

Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

I gotta say, at least right now, I prefer M10's animation system over 13's. Just too much wonkiness for my tastes. Hopefully 14 will clean things up a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TreFacTor 01-16-2013 11:43 PM

Re: Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooch49 (Post 2044623292)
I gotta say, at least right now, I prefer M10's animation system over 13's. Just too much wonkiness for my tastes. Hopefully 14 will clean things up a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Pro tak was garbage. It was the epitome of predetermined outcomes. Tebow played like Paris Hilton.

kehlis 01-16-2013 11:47 PM

Infinity has it's weaknesses but I still don't know what Pro tak did well.

at23steelers 01-16-2013 11:54 PM

It's like asking us what's better: getting hung or receiving a swirly. One has the option to actually get better on Earth, while the other one has no where else to go besides the grave.

roadman 01-17-2013 08:28 AM

Goodbye, farewell, and so long to group hugs and rugby playing.

Smoke6 01-17-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2044624844)

Well, I for one was very excited for IE, but that quickly waned as i began to noticed that foot planting would have made this feature leagues better than it is now. My hope is that the quietness on features going forward will be no more and hope be restored into this franchise.

If proper weight and foot planting get put on the back burner this year and not compliment IE, I will be even more disappointed than I am now.

I would rather see the Zig Zag running die off before either on of these engines!

KBLover 01-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2044624844)

That's not the part of Pro-Tak I liked. I liked actually being able to attempt to move through contact more effectively even while "in a tackle animation" instead of having to hope you get the right tackle animation that lets you fight forward.

To me, that was not pre-determined. The "Pro-Tak moments" with the 8 people magnetizing to an engagement were and they were a/the real problem.

That said, in IE - we can't even get assists recorded (and half the time they don't get attempted, rest of the time, the engine can't even recognize other players helping bring someone down), guys fall down like they are made of paper (even if they are 350 lb NT).

Meh, IE has better hitboxes and that's the only advantage I'd give it. It's like, which is better? a D+ or D? D+, sure, but I want better, more than either.

Some of these animations are just as messed up, like my power back somehow holding to the ball with his arm bent behind his back and being tackled. That guy would tear a shoulder, forget about actually not fumbling (not to mention...why can't the defense rip it out? Because the game says you can't. Pre-determined?)

And I agree with Smoke - it does nothing to stop zig-zag running, no sense of momentum, weight, or power. No leverage. Still have to use "moves" instead of just controlling our ball carriers against their ACC, AGI, and using their running style to our advantage.

at23steelers 01-17-2013 11:49 AM

Ohhh, wait this is a football game??? Now it all makes sense. I was wondering why EA was competing with itself for the best hockey game!! They should rename this game Field Hockey 13 to kill the confusion!