Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What would you guys do? (/forums/showthread.php?t=602718)

.MgB. 01-30-2013 11:42 PM

What would you guys do?

About halfway through my 3rd season in dynasty my starting QB went down (Boise State, QB was Patti). He is a 92 overall in his junior year. I look at the injury report and he is out for the season with a broken vertebrae. Wow.

So... I am trying to run a fairly realistic season/dynasty... what should I do? I feel like I should drop him from the team the next season as it is not realistic to expect a QB to come back from a broken back in a year.

What would you guys do? Thanks.

mrMagic91 01-30-2013 11:59 PM

Re: What would you guys do?

Well how often do you see broken vertebrae? Not saying it doesnt happen. But EA really did a horrible job this year with injuries. Every other play in my dynasty a star player of mines got hurt. So i turned injuries off. Keep the guy on your squad. Let em finish

bherman13 01-31-2013 12:19 AM

Broken vertebrae happen. And you can't expect to be running around the field any time soon. If you want to play it realistically, I don't see how you can play him next year.

Arrow218 01-31-2013 11:16 AM

In real life he would get a medical redshirt, so even if has already been redshirted, edit him to not have a RS and RS him next year.

.MgB. 01-31-2013 09:10 PM

Thanks for the advice. I like the medical redshirt idea... I'll work it like that! Well played guys.

.MgB. 02-07-2013 08:02 AM

Just figured I would update... I couldn't edit his redshirt so I dropped him from the team. Still ended up with a great season but it didn't feel the same.

shane79013 02-07-2013 03:07 PM

"The hit in the first quarter of a loss to Wake Forest on Oct. 8 of last year broke the T-5 and T-6 vertebrae in Thompson's back. He was not paralyzed."

Started the first game of the year and had 687 yards on 91 carries in 8 games. Then he tore his ACL.

So me personally I would have kept him and played him next year.

mikey d 02-08-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .MgB. (Post 2044691369)
Just figured I would update... I couldn't edit his redshirt so I dropped him from the team. Still ended up with a great season but it didn't feel the same.

I had the exact same situation, I lost my QB in game one for the season with a torn shoulder. I went to edit his class down one year, and can't. Too bad.