Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Hot Routes (/forums/showthread.php?t=603491)

Wheeler Dealer 02-04-2013 10:43 AM

Hot Routes

I've started trying to use the hot routes for some of my plays. For example, there's a play, 392 Y Stick, that has three routes that would get me ten or even 15 yards if successful. The fourth route is the TE into the flat. If it's third and 12, I don't want the ball thrown to the TE in the flat! An incompletion or a sack does me as much good.

I've been giving the TE a hot route, "Slant in" but he still runs that little short route into the flat. Imagine my delight when he just got a 2 yard gain on third and long! :brickwall

There's another play, "Post Corners" IIRC, that has 4 deep routes and a FB into the flat. I can use hot routes to keep the FB in to block just fine.

I know I could edit and save these plays but then I can't flip them, my players have to learn them separately and they take up another space in my playbook.

Does anyone know how (or if) this feature works?

revan615 02-04-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Hot Routes

That's an awareness thing, and I would imagine coach strategy plays into it as well.

Wheeler Dealer 02-04-2013 02:29 PM

Thank you for your input. :smile: Here are some more details now that the game is finished.

The player involved is Chris Cooley, awareness 94.

My strategy level is 3, the OC is Richard Williamson, strategy level 5 and the WR Coach is Paul Hackett, strategy level 2.

I have now tried "slant in" twice, 'in' once, "curl" once and "block right" once. It only worked when I told him to block. The other 4 times he squared into the flat at about 3 yards.

Hmmm..... :34:

I'm about to increase my strategy level to 4 and it would be easy enough to bring Hackett up to 3, I'll see if it ever works on this play.

I guess I can edit the play each time and then not keep it. A bit more time consuming. It looks like I get to keep my play knowledge for one repetition but I don't know that for sure. :confused:

browns_nation 02-04-2013 02:48 PM

I've noticed this too. I use my tight ends more than my receivers so I was always calling hot routes to increase the chance they get the ball but my quarterback either targets a receiver or my running back. Im sure its a compliation of strategy, players awareness and coach play calling level. I could be wrong so yea, editing the play in playbook is the only way I can get the ball to who I want