Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Career ending injury (/forums/showthread.php?t=604794)

R8ders24 02-11-2013 12:37 PM

Career ending injury

Last night I was playing my CCM and my starting WR Dixon suffered a fractured vertebra and during the game it said it was career ending. When I went to the team injuries after the game it said his injury length was 61 weeks. This is my first career ending injury I've seen so, what happens? Does he retire at the end of the season or will he come back after 61 weeks?

BleedGreen710 02-11-2013 12:46 PM

Re: Career ending injury

advance a week and see if it goes down to 60 weeks. If it doesnt, I would say his career is over.

lilgame06 02-11-2013 01:18 PM

the weeks may reduce as you advance each week...but at start of the next season, it'll go back to its original number. unfortunately, you'll just have to cut him, because his career is done. This happened to Hakeem Nicks in one of my online CCMs. Broken Vertebrae...it said he was out 32 weeks, when he first got the injury in season one...but when we got to season 2, the counter reset and it said he was out 32 weeks again. So, the owner that had him just had to cut him, because he could no longer be used.

ajb3313 02-11-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgame06 (Post 2044702748)
the weeks may reduce as you advance each week...but at start of the next season, it'll go back to its original number. unfortunately, you'll just have to cut him, because his career is done. This happened to Hakeem Nicks in one of my online CCMs. Broken Vertebrae...it said he was out 32 weeks, when he first got the injury in season one...but when we got to season 2, the counter reset and it said he was out 32 weeks again. So, the owner that had him just had to cut him, because he could no longer be used.

Will it let you? I've had a few players get injured and it won't let me cut them. This is especially frustrating when it happens during the preseason to a player you're using just to keep your superior players from getting hurt.

I play with injuries turned up and at the end of the last preseason I had to put two scrubs on IR because it wouldn't let me release them and their injuries were just long enough that I couldn't just wait it out. I needed the roster space, so IR was my only option.

R8ders24 02-11-2013 02:46 PM

Well, fortunately for me his contract is up and I hadn't resigned him yet. I guess I'll be letting him go at seasons end then.

lilgame06 02-11-2013 07:00 PM

you're right, it doesnt let you release injured players...my bad

DrDoctor 02-12-2013 11:44 AM

There is a glitch with this. I had a broken vertebra injury that resulted in "61 Week" injury. However, that number never went down.

I expected my player to retire in the off-season. He did not.

I tried to cut him. It wouldn't let me.

So I put him on IR and waited a season.

Next offseason... Same thing. So I put him on the trade block. Got a bunch of offers for him.

Traded him for a 2nd. Now he sits on IR on some CPU's team. Very realistic.... :mad:

bohawk 02-12-2013 02:30 PM

That's awesome!