Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Armor & Swords/Marino's - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=610179)

Armor and Sword 03-07-2013 07:26 AM

Armor & Swords/Marino's - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

Well it is that time of year again. The grass is greener, the weather is going to get warmer and baseball is in the air.

MLB The Show 13 is finally here. And those that love baseball are in heaven.

Those who used my sets (All Star and Hybrid) for MLB 12 should expect the same experience again this year. A clean looking game screen, using classic pitching and timed hitting. Auto fielding with Manual throwing using the classic throwing meter (not the new bulky meter) , no visual aids at all.

What I try to accomplish is a realistic sim like approach. I like player ratings to truly determine most outcomes. Being a hardcore baseball player/fan/coach and gamer for over 35 years I am passionate about my baseball. I started playing The Show in 2009 and actually used manual fielding and zone hitting that year. But I found going to the settings I have used since The Show 11 to actually give me a much more realistic, broadcast like experience. Not only that but statistically speaking I found the game to be spot on playing this way.

The beauty of auto fielding (and manual throwing) on The Show is something to behold. The full power of the animation engine is on display, the full use of a players ratings is no doubt the dice roll to decide great plays and huge game losing errors. And using timed hitting gives the user a relaxed yet intense challenge on The Show's amazing pitcher/batter dual which is the cornerstone of this game. Classic Pitching is imo the only way to play. It gives you the true random dice roll and uses player ratings to give you a statistically amazing game. Sometimes your #1 Ace will be the horse he is, sometimes he will get bombed. Most of the time your will struggle with your 5th starter, but every now and then he will pitch a gem. Maybe your #3 starter will rise up and be almost like a #1. Endless possibilities with classic pitching. Some nights you will paint the black, some nights you will be going to your long reliever by the third inning.

You will draw walks with these sliders, you will see tons of hit variety, and get all kinds of games. Pitchers duals, slug fests, tight nail biting games. The key is play 25-30 games in a franchise then adjust to your skill level. Use this set as a base and tweak from there (or not if they fit your playing style from the get go).

These are meant to be used in franchise/playoff mode with OSFM as well as plenty of classic rosters from our amazing roster community.

Baseball is back. And that means it's time to play The Show.

Enjoy!

All-Star for both hitting and pitching

All Star Set Version 1.2 (3-28-13)

Settings:

Batting and Baserunning:
Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface Timing
Hitting View: Catcher default
Button Interface: Classic
Guess Pitch: On 1/4 (only used to see pitch history with R2)
Baserunner Interface: Default
Bassrunning Decisions: Assist
Sliding Decisions: Assist
Runner Window: On

Pitching:
Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching Interface: Classic
Pitching View: Broadcast
Pitching Ball Marker: On (for added challenge turn it off, but keep vibration on for pitch zone location)
Pitch Callout: Off
Pitch Confidence: On
Pitch Delay: Normal
API: Default

Fielding:
Throwing Interface: Buttons
Throwing Meter: Off
Throwing Difficulty: All-Star (non applicable with meter off)
Throwing Decision: Off
Throw Cancelling: On
Fielding Decision: Auto
Defensive Shift: Auto
All Indicators off
Fielding View Offense: Broadcast
Fielding View Defense: Broadcast

General
Strike Zone: Off
Hot Zones: Off
Swing/Pitch Analysis: On
Balks: Off
Warm Up Pitchers: On
Umpire Balls and Strikes: Variable
Umpire Close Plays: On
Check Swing Appeals: Off (you will draw more walks with it off)
Injuries: On
Ejections: On

Human Contact - 5
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 5
Stride Difficulty - 5
Human Foul Frequency - 5
Human Solid Hits - 4
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina - 3 (+1)
Human Pitcher Control - 4 (-1)
Human Pitcher Consistency - 4 (-1)

CPU Contact - 5
CPU Power - 4
CPU Timing - 4 (-1)
CPU Foul Frequency - 4 (+1)
CPU Solid Hits - 3
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 3 (+1)
CPU Pitcher Control - 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Strike Frequency - 1
CPU Manager Hook - 4 (-1)
CPU Pickoffs - 4

Pitch Speed - 5 (totally up to you)
Fielding Errors - 5
Throwing Errors - 5
Fielder Run Speed - 4
Fielder Reaction - 6 (+2)
Fielder Arm Strength - 3
Baserunner Speed - 5
Baserunner Steal Ability - 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 4 (-1)
Wind - 4
Injuries - 7 (+2)

Hybrid Set Version 1.0 (3-25-13) - Back by popular demand is our Hybrid slider set. For those that are struggling with All-Star hitting, here is a slider set to help alleviate the tougher timing window you get on All-Star and give you more offense. While it will be easier to hit with the Hybrid set you should still get very sim like results and enjoy the game to the fullest. If you find the offense is getting out of hand, simply click down your timing window and human contact and power one click down (to the left). Leave the cpu pitching sliders alone.

Everything is exactly the same as above except setting hitting to Veteran and the following changes to these particular sliders:

Human Contact - 4
Human Power - 4
Human Solid Hits - 3
Human Timing - 4

Enjoy The Show 13!

Marino 03-07-2013 08:42 AM

Re: Armor & Swords - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

I am here to help, make it like last year.

JayD 03-07-2013 09:57 AM

nice a set that uses classic, timing, and auto fielding. I really am hardcore at using player attributes as much as possible.

Armor and Sword 03-07-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino (Post 2044784470)
I am here to help, make it like last year.

Awesome please do!

NDAlum 03-07-2013 02:17 PM

Looking forward to this as I also prefer classic/timing/auto field. I even plan on using auto base running.

The Kid 24 03-07-2013 02:45 PM

Armor... Have you ever thought of using the No Feedback option for Fielding: Throwing Meter?

Reason I ask is because the description of that option says its based on the players ratings.

Nittany 03-07-2013 03:30 PM

I have been looking for timing hitting sliders...but what about meter pitching? I don't like classic. Any ideas for sliders using meter pitching?

Nit

Armor and Sword 03-07-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nittany (Post 2044785935)
I have been looking for timing hitting sliders...but what about meter pitching? I don't like classic. Any ideas for sliders using meter pitching?

Nit

I think TNK and Authentic use meter pitching. Check out there settings for that.