Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Paul Lukas = Uniform Editing in CC? (/forums/showthread.php?t=612228)

seanwilson160 03-14-2013 08:24 PM

Paul Lukas = Uniform Editing in CC?

Paul Lukas, ESPN's guru on sports uniforms, logos and aesthetics, has been added to the CC Twitter feed for Madden 25.

Lukas only comments on uniforms, logos and style, so I don't really see how they would incorporate this into CC since the uniforms and logos don't change from season to season--maybe just random thoughts about random NFL uniforms pop in throughout the year?

Unless...

CC is adding the ability to design new logos and/or uniforms for your team, possibly in conjunction with a franchise relocation feature (as they did long ago). Then, you can stick Lukas in the feed commenting on the new identity you have just designed.

I guess I just don't see why it would even occur to them to add Lukas to the game unless they had some new aspect of CC that relates to what he writes about. No reason to pay him just to clog the feed with four updates a season about how he hates purple.

Thoughts? Wishful thinking? If they're really building CC for the long term, this is a natural addition at some point. Why not this year?

nanasinkam 03-14-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Paul Lukas = Uniform Editing in CC?

Maybe the CC will actually remember the Uni combo you selected for your game, and he will comment on that. It could also mean that CPU opponents will randomly wear throwbacks and alternates.

It's always annoyed me that the pics in the CCM stories didn't reflect what you actually chose to wear in the game that was played.

bwburke94 03-15-2013 10:21 PM

I've been wondering what PL's inclusion means as well.

anechoic04 03-16-2013 12:19 PM

I'm not sure it's that complicated - perhaps he's just there (if being added to the Twitter feed necessarily indicates that he's working on Madden) to make sure that the uniforms actually resemble their real-life counterparts. Some of the uniforms in Madden 13 just look awful.

seanwilson160 03-16-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anechoic04 (Post 2044817315)
I'm not sure it's that complicated - perhaps he's just there (if being added to the Twitter feed necessarily indicates that he's working on Madden) to make sure that the uniforms actually resemble their real-life counterparts. Some of the uniforms in Madden 13 just look awful.

Hell, even that would be a plus. Just a better, more accurate selection of throwbacks, even.

Still, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to bring a beefed-up TeamBuilder to Madden, and Paul would be a natural addition. A boy can hope.