Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Classic Pitching/Ball Marker off (/forums/showthread.php?t=612330)

Braves Fan 03-15-2013 02:56 AM

Classic Pitching/Ball Marker off

Anyone pitch this way? I do and love it. Reading through different pitching threads it seems as if most people use pulse, meter, or analog to pitch and the old way of pitching has gone by the way side. I like it because ratings take over and by not having the ball marker on the screen you can't pin point exactly where you want the ball to go. Seems a bit more realistic to me. I might have a general idea of where I want the ball to go but there is no guarantee it's going to end up where I want it to.

Simp 03-15-2013 09:13 AM

Re: Classic Pitching/Ball Marker off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braves Fan (Post 2044813442)
Anyone pitch this way? I do and love it. Reading through different pitching threads it seems as if most people use pulse, meter, or analog to pitch and the old way of pitching has gone by the way side. I like it because ratings take over and by not having the ball marker on the screen you can't pin point exactly where you want the ball to go. Seems a bit more realistic to me. I might have a general idea of where I want the ball to go but there is no guarantee it's going to end up where I want it to.

This is exactly how I play and I love it.

spitoon 03-15-2013 09:35 AM

That's the way I play as well, and for the same reasons.

CRIP4LIFE 03-15-2013 09:36 AM

classic pitching, ball marker off, tweak sliders just a tad so pitching is even more realistic. i love aiming for an "area" and not a little cursor dot on my screen. of course it's bitter when my aim isn't perfect and i hang one over too much of the plate. or when i try to nibble a corner and give up a walk. but it's oh so sweet for the realism.

i love mlb the show, but i love it even more because of these settings.

Luke466 03-15-2013 10:07 AM

Have gone away from pulse because I found that when I didn't hit button when pulse was at its smallest, I suffered and pitched poorly. With some pitches, the pulse just doesn't get small as compared to say the fastball

Went to meter and classic. Really like classic but with meter, I find I'm a better pitcher as I can increase confidence by hitting the sweet zone, etc.

Funny, I play Timing hitting (leaving everything to AI but the swing) but haven't bought into the Classic pitching !

ILiveForThis 03-15-2013 10:46 AM

I also play this way and absolutely love it. Won't be turning back ever.

Simp 03-15-2013 03:39 PM

Also works best with vibration OFF.

For me on a 3-2 count aiming for the corners it can be "well here goes nothin.... let's hope I don't hang this one out over the middle"

Another benefit of classic pitching: a nice clean screen.

snaz16 03-15-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simp (Post 2044814785)
Also works best with vibration OFF.

For me on a 3-2 count aiming for the corners it can be "well here goes nothin.... let's hope I don't hang this one out over the middle"

Another benefit of classic pitching: a nice clean screen.

Agreed,and you can watch the pitcher's different wind ups,instead of watching a meter. And with each pitchers wind ups,makes you concentrate on thier variety of release points. Classic all the way.