Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Perpetual late season swoon?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=61806)

spacefunk 11-26-2003 01:34 PM

Perpetual late season swoon??

I've gone through 2 seasons in my Steelers franchise and I've noticed that in the later part of the seasons, the games get harder. Take my 2nd year for example. After winning 7 of my last 8 games, I get shut out at home to Tennesee. Then I go to 5-9 Cincinnati and give up nearly 300 yards to Corey Dillon and 34 points en route to another frustrating loss. I finally got too frustrated and switched the difficulty to Pro and whooped 10-5 Green Bay to keep my playoff hopes alive. I think I read others complaining about this earlier this year but I haven't heard about it lately.

2kMatrtixevolved 11-26-2003 02:40 PM

Re: Perpetual late season swoon??

I dont think its anything to complain about. I think its great. Sometimes teams turn up their intensity late in the season. You have to do the same. Ive noticed this happeneing on season mode. I look at it as a welcome challenge.

RawkerOne 11-26-2003 08:35 PM

MuffinMcFluffin 11-26-2003 09:10 PM

It's because they learn what you do. It's called a "scouting report". They do plays accordingly.

spacefunk 11-26-2003 10:26 PM

But shouldn't it be more gradual? I win 7 of 8 and then, BAM, I get shut out at home and the 5-9 Bungles look like the 85 Bears?

Kanobi 11-27-2003 01:17 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
spacefunk said:
But shouldn't it be more gradual? I win 7 of 8 and then, BAM, I get shut out at home and the 5-9 Bungles look like the 85 Bears?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Its adaptive AI. the CPU is learning your tendencies. Change up you playcalling. All the stuff that worked in the first half of the season will not work in the 2nd half...you're being scouted, man. Its like the CPU is watching film on you. This is a great aspect of Franchise mode and adds to the replayability factor and overall realism.

KingV2k3 11-27-2003 10:36 AM

Kanobi said:
spacefunk said:

Its adaptive AI. the CPU is learning your tendencies. Change up you playcalling. All the stuff that worked in the first half of the season will not work in the 2nd half...you're being scouted, man. Its like the CPU is watching film on you. This is a great aspect of Franchise mode and adds to the replayability factor and overall realism.

I agree with this for the most part but...I've also found that in games 11-14 in any 'chise seem to feature alot more fumbles (human) and have seen some VERY questionable animations (Ricky Williams litterally 'running thorugh' La Var Arrington-even though I had the 'blue circle' around him and was pressing the tackle button)...

I LOVE the fact that the CPU gameplans adapt as the season goes on...but I can't ignore the faint but unmistakeable scent of CPU 'cheese' in these late season games...

Interceptions that I make manually and then somehow fumble are one of my favorite examples of this...

Still...beats the crap out of Madden...lol...

Kanobi 11-27-2003 05:37 PM

KingV2k3 said:

I agree with this for the most part but...I've also found that in games 11-14 in any 'chise seem to feature alot more fumbles (human) and have seen some VERY questionable animations (Ricky Williams litterally 'running thorugh' La Var Arrington-even though I had the 'blue circle' around him and was pressing the tackle button)...

I LOVE the fact that the CPU gameplans adapt as the season goes on...but I can't ignore the faint but unmistakeable scent of CPU 'cheese' in these late season games...

Interceptions that I make manually and then somehow fumble are one of my favorite examples of this...

Thats interesting had any fumbled ints late int the season nor have I seen any type of late season cheese or cheating by the CPU. I simply know that if I change up my tendencies I'll be successful just as much if not more than I was earlier in the season.