Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14? (/forums/showthread.php?t=626036)

Rubio809 04-30-2013 01:21 PM

OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

Ok, I've witnessed A LOT of criticism on 2K13, to the point people say they HATE this game. I want to hear from those people with enough balls to say they refuse to give 2K another dime and will NOT purchase 2K14! Personally, NBA2K forum boards are still the most active on this site, 7 months after the release...so I think many are hypocrites and WILL purchase (maybe secretively..lol) yet another version in October. Granted this game requires custom sliders/rosters to be great, but I think this game is awesome and I will continue purchasing.

OkayC 04-30-2013 01:33 PM

Re: OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

At least someone thinks its good. I use to think this game was the best out there up until the last couple of months, when the game would literally cheat for itself(see my rant on the mycareer thread). I'm contemplating getting 2k14, but only cuz i stopped playing call of duty months ago, and no other xbox game holds my interest more than 2k right now. I think 2k is on the right track with alot of stuff, but they just need to fix all the bugs and glitches.

Rubio809 04-30-2013 01:44 PM

Yes, no game is perfect. They all have certain bugs. Obviously people are still interested in this game as they keep coming back to this site, months after it's release. This poll was not to argue how good or bad the game is, as in listing all the bugs. We know it has issues, but I feel it is still a very good game...once again, with the right sliders/rosters. This poll is to see with all that complaining, with all of that b*tching, who has put their foot down and refuses to buy 2K14. This thread is to hear them speak up.

Taer 04-30-2013 01:55 PM

If 2k releases a PC version, then I'll get it; if not I most likely will not.

zigzagzigallah 04-30-2013 02:41 PM

I have every 2K since 2K7 dating back to the original XBOX... not going to stop now, there are enough modes, updates etc. to keep playing all year.

fully editing rosters & making upcoming draft classes keeps my OCD in check.

I enjoy it.

LionsFanNJ 04-30-2013 02:54 PM

Midnight release. I'm there

turty11 04-30-2013 03:07 PM

ill rent in on redbox first, as long as its playable and career mode is fun ill go and buy it

cthurt 04-30-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turty11 (Post 2044971995)
ill rent in on redbox first, as long as its playable and career mode is fun ill go and buy it

Im with you on this one, after having to turn in 2k13 early which was the first time ive done that with a NBA2k game, i got to test it out first to see if its worth the 60 bucks.

TroinIggs 04-30-2013 03:22 PM

If I have an Xbox in the fall I will.

ffaacc03 04-30-2013 03:25 PM

Right now, even with all its bugs, glitches, direction choices and omissions ... is a for sure buy to me, but not so sure about being a release day buy ...

Without a doubt 2k has the best NBA videogame out there, but there are many things to consider for this next itineration, in order for a release buy:

- Would it be on the new generation of consoles ? If so, would it be a port (ala 2k6, just graphically updated) of the game of current generation or something beyond ?

- Would it address the bugs & glitches that have been recurrent within the past 4 versions ?

- Would it improve on its editing, customization and options ?

- Would it reinstate all features and options that were taken away but were well received by both, hardcore and casual gamers ?

- Would it focus on most of our community (OS/SIM) needs like signature expansion, season/association improvements, gameplay refinements, etc ?

- Would Live third try (and last) would finally be worthy of a release ?

- Would I have the money or job to afford buying it on 1st day ?

raiderphantom 04-30-2013 03:33 PM

Nobody should be blindly committed to buying it, or at least don't post it here online to let 2K know....make me want to buy it 2K!!!

VDusen04 04-30-2013 03:48 PM

I think I'll end up with 2K14 on release day. That purchase has been a yearly tradition for me since 2K3. However, for the first time in a long time (or perhaps ever), I'm not 100% sure I'll be picking it up.

I felt 2K13 began running in a funny direction in some regards in terms of its modes and overall mission (ex: removal of D-League, Summer League, real salary vs. addition of gold coins and spending a year's worth of earnings on fictional t-shirts) and some of it kind of suggests it's possible 2K could continue heading in that type of direction. And if a certain set of things occur (say, continually working toward making all aspects of the offline portion of the game always forcibly online-interactive, removing classic teams altogether, having another celebrity take over all aspects of presentation and music, further limiting custom rosters, Association remaining untouched, etc.) I may have to re-consider as to whether 2K14 would be a 65 dollar product.

I mean, in all honesty, all signs point to me picking up 2K14, particularly since basketball video games are one of the few games I actually play at this point. But for the first time in a while, I'm not sure I'm absolutely brimming with excitement. The gameplay still seems great, and that's half the battle. But just in terms of modes and whatnot, there was this feel in 2K13 like they stopped trusting themselves as to what would make the product good and instead put it in the hands of the Facebook majority (Jay-Z everywhere! Everyone forced to make MyPlayers that stare at you all the time! Everything easier! Never disconnect from the internet if you know what's good for you!).

LD2k 04-30-2013 05:20 PM

Just wait until we talk about... ;)

turty11 04-30-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD2k (Post 2044972441)

we get to flop in 2k14 too?!?!?!

i hope it works as well as cp3's flops i wana be just like him! --this also ties into my 2kflop title in the cover thread!

Humdinger80 04-30-2013 05:36 PM

Not on release day. I know reviews will be good. Then about a week after it's out, people start finding all the crap that's wrong like, bugs(no auto plays,2K share) or missing(features, game modes) or just plain bad(autosave,VC)

1. Game is crap for me before the patches. IMO it's a bad game out of the box and the glitches are always something small but gamebreaking for me that I can't fathom how they could have missed it. Too frustrating.

2. Mainly a MyPlayer guy so things like autosave, glitches that I need to wait 2-3 months to be patched, no improvements to player creation, no real money contracts to see what I'm worth, CAN'T pick jerseys, CAN'T sim individual games, CAN'T use sliders if I'm offline, CAN'T remove attribute points once I've used them, CAN'T make 2 separate MyPlayers etc...

The option to do most of what we used to be able to do is missing or was never there to begin with. Over the years this mode isn't getting better or improved upon, it's actually getting worse and it all starts with always online, VC, greediness. NBA2K is a successful brand now, I'm starting to smell the EA stink coming off of 2Ksports and with 2k13 I saw immediately the direction they are going in with this series and it's a bit too maddenesque for my taste to pay a full $60.

Vni 04-30-2013 05:57 PM

Since it seems to me that 2K devs are focusing mainly on the aesthetics of basketball I'am not sure I'am gonna get 2K14. 2K13 was overhyped for what it really is : Not much of an improvement over 2K12. Fundamentals haven't improved and the gameplay is crippled by the animations.

Added tons of animations that might look good at first glance or for the casual gamer but in the end it just make the gameplay akward and sometimes extremely frustrating.

There are so many animations that are wrong or don't have a proper counter animation, or doesn't interact at all with other players that it makes the whole thing feel glitchy. The contact in this game is the worst I've seen in a long time playing nba 2K. I don't even think I'am that much of an exigent gamer, I could deal with many of this game's problem (lack of interior contact, lack of shooting fouls, rebounding, sliding) like I've done so far but I just got burnt playing 2K13 because of it's animations.

How many times an animation is played out during the year? I think that's what made 2K11 so good. There was no awkard animation and every animation would interact properly through contact. Layups, escape dribbles, post moves. Thoses animations where simple but tight and effective.

j3nkins29 04-30-2013 06:50 PM

I am a huge nba 2k fan, I have played every game since nba2k on the Dreamcast except for nba 2k3. Of course there are still some issues that 2k needs to fix, but I am a huge fan of basketball and can't see myself not purchasing it. I would think 2k would be on the next gen systems, and with the upgrade in performance and memory the new consoles will bring, I hope it will make the game play and presentation that much better. Also I felt that overall 2k13 was a good game. Not as good as 2k11, but much better than 2k12 was to me. So I am optimistic about the future of the nba 2k series.

OkayC 04-30-2013 07:02 PM

I'll say this. Because 2k13 was so glitchy when it first came out, i expect 2k14 to be the same way. And because 2k13 is still incredibly glitchy even after all the patches, it makes me hesitant to pick up this game, especially on release day. Im going to wait and see youtube vids of the mycareer and read comments here to see what the game play and glitches look like before i pick up the game.

yungsta404 04-30-2013 07:12 PM

ill rent it to see if it follows the casual trend of 2k12 and 2k13. if it does I wont buy it. All that market hype BS 2k does wont do a thing for me until I play it myself.

ksuttonjr76 04-30-2013 10:43 PM

It won't be a release day purchase for me. However, if the defense sucks for a third year in a row, I'm not buying the game at all.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

B1ackMag1c 04-30-2013 11:12 PM

I will get it first day of release ;)

raidertiger 04-30-2013 11:27 PM

Maybe. Get in 13 men rotations (seriously how is this missing? Does 2k watch basketball?), fire the 2k insider (I know this clown doesn't watch basketball) and addressing defense would be the first step towards a purchase.

Then a massive improvement to association mode. Bring back the D-League, bring back summer league, add much better team logic, maybe create an arena as well as better progression of players is important as well. As of now, I think I can skip 2k14.

alecast 04-30-2013 11:29 PM

I`ll only get it if there are legendary teams. And I mean it. Expanded legendary rosters.
No legendary teams = zero chances of getting it.

keshunleon 04-30-2013 11:32 PM

I will wait for the improvements and changes made to 2K14. I will definitely pick it up but this year I will wait to see if the next gen system is a big improvement.

VDusen04 04-30-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humdinger80 (Post 2044972497)
Not on release day. I know reviews will be good. Then about a week after it's out, people start finding all the crap that's wrong like, bugs(no auto plays,2K share) or missing(features, game modes) or just plain bad(autosave,VC)

1. Game is crap for me before the patches. IMO it's a bad game out of the box and the glitches are always something small but gamebreaking for me that I can't fathom how they could have missed it. Too frustrating.

2. Mainly a MyPlayer guy so things like autosave, glitches that I need to wait 2-3 months to be patched, no improvements to player creation, no real money contracts to see what I'm worth, CAN'T pick jerseys, CAN'T sim individual games, CAN'T use sliders if I'm offline, CAN'T remove attribute points once I've used them, CAN'T make 2 separate MyPlayers etc...

The option to do most of what we used to be able to do is missing or was never there to begin with. Over the years this mode isn't getting better or improved upon, it's actually getting worse and it all starts with always online, VC, greediness. NBA2K is a successful brand now, I'm starting to smell the EA stink coming off of 2Ksports and with 2k13 I saw immediately the direction they are going in with this series and it's a bit too maddenesque for my taste to pay a full $60.

I won't go as far as to blame 2K greediness and comparing them to EA, but I agree with you on a lot of other things. I think I'm going to be a little more guarded this year. By now we know the hype machine will hit hard and a lot of the feature revelations for 2K14 will sound spectacular, but there's often more to it than we originally presumed.

For instance, I was admittedly giddy over the Dream Team reveal for 2K13. Unfortunately, it wasn't until release (or very shortly prior) that we noticed there'd be no way to edit any member of the team, thus leaving them with inaccurate accessories and blue/red boats for shoes. Then we came to realize there'd be no real opponents for the Dream Team to play, with the creating and sharing of teams via 2KShare being a mess in and of itself. So the hype said get excited for an awesome addition. The reality ended up being a bit of a letdown.

Another example would be 2K's shoe reveal last year (so many included! so many classics!). I figured there was no way a feature like this could go wrong... until we discovered the trade off for adding so many new shoes appeared to mean we had to lose the ability to edit home/away shoes for each player. Then we noticed there was a small cap limit on how many shoes could be customized, limiting the amount of true pairs we were able to create and use, lest we settle for the oftentimes awful team default color schemes.

Then, as you said, we heard about a lot of great MyPlayer additions, but there wasn't much talk about forcing nearly all offline actions to be permanently connected online, while ridding of player contracts, allowing just one MyPlayer to be created, and forcing users to utilize the troublesome auto-save feature. They then tweaked to allow offline play for offline modes, but at the expense of particular features of that mode that had no business being online exclusive (buying a gameday suit).

Through it all, I can't blame 2K's hype team for their omissions for if they provided all the good and all the bad, it'd seem to defeat their purpose of being a hype team. But again, it all does kind of make me think twice about what I'm hearing. I'm sure I'll still be excited by a lot of what I hear, but it'll be tempered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yungsta404 (Post 2044972790)
ill rent it to see if it follows the casual trend of 2k12 and 2k13. if it does I wont buy it. All that market hype BS 2k does wont do a thing for me until I play it myself.

Yes, I feel you there. The offline gameplay still feels pretty good, but the direction of the other modes give me worry. I can't tell if 2K's still looking to make the most realistic game possible, or just the most popular and accessible.

Mrleaderboards 05-01-2013 12:31 AM

Bring Back Crew Mode

Bring back User Shot Blocking

Bring back Contact in the paint

Improve Online Association

Improve Offline Association

Make this game feel like 2k11, but look like 2k14.

Bring back the competition....

Mrleaderboards 05-01-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

ummm if this aint about crew, im not trynna hear it LD2K....

MarvinOida 05-01-2013 02:07 AM

When I see the community here are done with the new game excitement, and Vctrb, PP, Rondo, RayRay, PJT releasing rosters, mkharsh releasing sliders, c15dubb, Xeno, Angel G w1seghost releasing shoes, ronyell's arena sounds, vanwolfs play books working for the game... I'll get it if they say its good.

I'm gonna be staying on the current gen. Cause of the uncertainty of hex editing on next gen to me. I never thought of that when I got the Xbox but now, if I can't edit the NBA, NFL, MLB to the look of real life or mod the game like my NBAE project, current gen or PC.

XBOX is the best console out of the 3 (Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo consoles) for realistic, real life looking, offline and Arcady, online, rage inducing, online sports. But PS3 has quality stuff but not the extra things that you can go farther into w/ Xbox and RED MC.

Slava Medvadenko 05-01-2013 03:09 AM

I've been getting it on release day for the past several years, but as a PC gamer they're making it very hard for me to hang on to that loyalty. Keeping modes out of the game, not releasing patches...the PC version is the black sheep of the releases. These days I'm more aware of 'voting with my dollars', and I don't know if I can continue to support a product that gives me a stripped down version of the game.

AiRJorDan23 05-01-2013 06:57 AM

I brought every 2k NBA game released but I have to see some major upgrades Defensively, Paint Contact, Low Post Moves and etc before i say i'd buy 2k14. With GTA V coming out September of this year I could easily see myself waiting it out if the improvements are not better.

VDusen04 05-01-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AiRJorDan23 (Post 2044974273)
I brought every 2k NBA game released but I have to see some major upgrades Defensively, Paint Contact, Low Post Moves and etc before i say i'd buy 2k14. With GTA V coming out September of this year I could easily see myself waiting it out if the improvements are not better.

That's another good point I didn't think about until after I made my first post. I'm usually fiending for a new game (a new basketball game to be more specific) but depending on the angle 2K takes this year (say, if they focus most of their efforts on the re-introduction of Crew, a mode I never play) then it may be easier this year than any other year to wait for a price drop, largely thanks to Grand Theft Auto's September release.

UnbelievablyRAW 05-01-2013 08:36 AM

Gonna be a FIFA guy for a few years. I'm getting a PS4 and then FIFA is the only announced sports game supporting it thus far. Even if 2k announced a next gen game, I wouldn't buy it for the simple fact that they don't seem to care about their standards anymore. So many things were left broken this year and last, and some things (like NBA Today and seeing player stats league leaders etc from 2k11) were taken out needlessly.

The only way I'd ever buy this game new was if there was an unexpected revelation that the franchise took a 180 and started again on the path 2k11 forged

LoSoisNiCEx414 05-01-2013 08:41 AM

Only games im buying in fall is GTA V & 2k, maybe CoD but they get worse & worse so I prolly skip it

thedream2k13 05-01-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

sorry boss but when 2k talks about something they hype up, its usually for the casual players they are trying to get the attention of. I love the series but since k211, the turn to gimped defense, easy scoring, and arcade gameplay has really lowered my expectations. For the first time in yearsssss I am looking forward to see what Live has done with a 3year cycle. Of course if they shoot themselves in the foot again, I will settle for 2k

green225 05-01-2013 11:21 AM

if it has CREW

Vni 05-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedream2k13 (Post 2044974526)
sorry boss but when 2k talks about something they hype up, its usually for the casual players they are trying to get the attention of. I love the series but since k211, the turn to gimped defense, easy scoring, and arcade gameplay has really lowered my expectations. For the first time in yearsssss I am looking forward to see what Live has done with a 3year cycle. Of course if they shoot themselves in the foot again, I will settle for 2k

Exactly. And let's not start the hype train again this year LD2K. We all know how it goes every year with the " EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED " answer to every question we ask.

LoSoisNiCEx414 05-01-2013 11:36 AM

I hate the "the Devs are aware of how BAD the fans want CREW back" every year

riggs6taters 05-01-2013 01:12 PM

I'll end up buying it just to get an NBA fix. The game is good but it gets way too much praise. LOL hard at the lack of features in online association and whacky gameplay stuff.

mango_prom 05-01-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2044974612)
Exactly. And let's not start the hype train again this year LD2K. We all know how it goes every year with the " EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED " answer to every question we ask.

I agree. It's their job to hype a product, but I won't buy into any of it until they do more than just talking. There was a dev insight promoting 2k13 with some bs about improved footplanting on defense...what we actually got for our money is dunk animations pushing defenders literally meters away and unstoppable self-alley/spin animations that make any talk about defense "improvements" a complete joke.
Add the lack of PC support, pathetic roster updates and general lack of acknowledging pretty much every aspect of real basketball, and I probaby won't spend money on a 2k product again.

Now 2k won't have to care, because many people love their games, and even if they don't...the number of kids basically wasting their parent's money is much bigger than the few disappointed older fans who won't spend their cash on a half-a**ed product yet again.

yungsta404 05-01-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_prom (Post 2044974962)
I agree. It's their job to hype a product, but I won't buy into any of it until they do more than just talking. There was a dev insight promoting 2k13 with some bs about improved footplanting on defense...what we actually got for our money is dunk animations pushing defenders literally meters away and unstoppable self-alley/spin animations that make any talk about defense "improvements" a complete joke.
Add the lack of PC support, pathetic roster updates and general lack of acknowledging pretty much every aspect of real basketball, and I probaby won't spend money on a 2k product again.

Now 2k won't have to care, because many people love their games, and even if they don't...the number of kids basically wasting their parent's money is much bigger than the few disappointed older fans who won't spend their cash on a half-a**ed product yet again.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l-u0C0G9BXI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

:lol: :50

more talk about how they said they balanced the offense and defense.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3D53DipJ2o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I am just going to ignore all the hype they are going to try to sell us this year and make my own opinion when I get to play the demo or rent it.
I bought into the hype 2 years in a row. so they lost my trust.