Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14? (/forums/showthread.php?t=626036)

spankdatazz22 05-03-2013 06:45 PM

Re: OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_prom (Post 2044980879)
Perfectly understandable. Can't argue with that...I don't agree personally, but it makes sense then.

Again, if you don't like the game/haven't liked the game or their direction, you shouldn't be purchasing it. And if you're gonna come back with the "2K11 was perfect!!!!" argument, I'd disagree. The idea that 2K13 is some complete divergence/the complete opposite of 2K11 (as some like to infer) is ridiculous to me. The same development team that people praise is the same one people try to damn using their own game against them, because they have nothing else to compare to. Other than real life - which is usually what you see here, the comparison to real life video. The game is rarely compared to another basketball game.

I remember one time seeing a guy touting that 2K11 was the greatest thing ever stuff, then he made the mistake of posting video of himself - which was nothing more than him running around iso'ing. He got clowned for it and never showed up again. Not saying that's the case with everyone, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people here that think they know what they're doing and they really don't. That guy that constant rants about 2K13 not being a sim because Phil Jackson isn't in the game comes to mind - watching video of him playing is painful. Yet to him, the game's a joke (yet he somehow manages to stomach playing it)

Quote:

The main issue is not the fact that some 3rd string players are missing. But playing against the Hawks, it's a joke that Josh Smith is as good of a midrange shooter as O.J.Mayo. Why? Because midrange god Josh Smith does not exist in reality. So what is 2k "simulating"?
Is Blake Griffin a better shooter than Marc Gasol? Absolutely not...at least in reality. 2k has so much wrong, it's pathetic.

That's an issue you have with the rosters, not the game itself. Which can be easily rectfified by making manual ratings changes or downloading any of the myriad rosters available out there. If it's "I want to play online" then, that's an online issue imo. Again I don't see that as a core issue with the game itself. If I could fix my issues with Madden with roster/ratings changes, or downloading someone else's roster, I'd jump on it in a second.

Quote:

If you believed the stuff some devs told us in insight videos and the constant claims of developing an "NBA simulation", then 2k13 is a huge letdown, at least to me. Now if you like an easy to pick up fun arcade game...I see why you love 2k13. But it was advertised as something different, and that's my point.

Regardless of what it's advertised as, it's your responsibility as a consumer to make an informed choice. This is where some of you lose me because you refuse to take responsibility for purchasing the game and blame 2K or others for hyping you into purchasing it, or something of that nature. You realize you're in the minority in terms of having these ridiculous expectations yet hide behind the "They said it's a sim and [it doesn't meet my expectation of what a simulation is so I'll label it an arcade game]".

I think back when 2K12 released and the Czar did a series of videos giving video proof of where 2K12 was an improvement over 2K11 and people seemed to love them. Of course months later just before 2K13 released you had people claiming the Czar "misled" them and the game was a fraud/horrible/worst thing foisted on humanity/etc. The hyperbole never ends here.

Quote:

That's an argument based on popularity, which is total nonsense. Who cares if others bought the game? Doesn't matter to me, everyone has different expectations. So if the game is fun to other people, that has nothing to do with me at all.

Of course it wouldn't matter to you if you're only focused on your own self-interests. You take these hard principled stances and want it to be your way or the highway. It's not okay that some of your interests are represented, it's all or nothing. I get the feeling some of you would prefer to see your vision of the game implemented and see it fail than your vision be compromised and see it succeed. This isn't a game just for you or me. And if that's what you need, then perhaps you shouldn't go into purchasing this particular game. Madden isn't for me. But I wouldn't sit here and say it's an arcade game; an arcade game is NFL Blitz. I don't like what the product is so I choose not to purchase it - simple.

At the end of the day 2K's trying to sell a product. My citing the popularity of the game was to show 2K is succeeding at making a game that has broad appeal. They did so without the benefit of exclusivity, in an open market they made a better product and customers responded. I don't think the ambiguous title of "most hardcore simulation" matters at the end of the day. The whole arcade vs. sim label is the only way some in the minority feel they can get their point across.

PJBrownHeat 05-03-2013 08:05 PM

I think you was talking about me. For my videos on youtube when i make a video of me with a cam i play very bad. When i play without cam i am able of great great things!!
I just come beat 94 nuggets 122/104 with bulls 96 i was unstoppable but 8 dunk in 1st half only 4 in the scd half. Level hof 12 min
14/22 3 pts jordan 33 pts in the first half! First try against nuggets i lost by 20 pts. If i could cam this game i think even michael jordan would like this game. Biggest lead 27 pts!!!

I love nba 2k13 better than 2k11 it is sure but i'm disappointed by art departement. I thanks 2k because they give phi high post 2 when it works it is faboulous backdoor and i know excatly all the improvement of the gameplay.

Thatīs all.

shogunbowling 05-03-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramboooo (Post 2044979045)
I think 2K deserves way more credit than yall are giving them. They didn't go from NBA Live's little brother to King of the Court by not doing something consistently right. Every year a new, impactful feature(s) is added to the game. And you can't claim they don't listen to the fans. Just check out the wishlist thread from the last few yrs and you'll see a lot of those have been put in the game. I do think they should go back and pop in 2K8 and 2K11 to see what made those games so fun -- good contact animation and gameplay balance. And bringing crew back would put it over the top.

are you forgetting 2K13 added

Signature Skills
Control Stick (best control yet)
All Star Weekend
Dream Team
My player blacktop online
Association improvements
Accessories
My Team
Better Servers
No My Player Hacks

2K14 = a must buy

Sig Skills were in Live 06
Dream Team with no competition. Hell, Live had that
What Association improvements? Seems the exact same to me. Except Online Associations still don't work.
No My Player Hacks, but who cares because they took out Crew Mode.

I feel 2K totally dropped the ball this year. I swear, this game has turned into everything that was hated about Live, yet fanboys will not admit it.

Sausage 05-03-2013 11:19 PM

Late to the thread, but the the NBA 2K series has always exceeded my expectations. They listen and give us a realistic representation of basketball. This series will always be a day 1, buy.

bumpyface 05-04-2013 07:17 AM

I have it coming through gamefly. This will be the 1st year I don't pre-order. I don't think 13 is horrible and I have a feeling the development team is aiming more at the younger gamers. I can't really blame them because that's where the money is. My biggest complaint with 13 is the simulation. It appears that in 2k's attempt to make the game as close to real life as possible, they have taken away alot of the ability to change the outcome of games or matches if you will. Too many things are simulated in the gameplay. You never have 100% of control in a nba2k13 match. For example, in an online match a less skilled player could select MIA of OKC and be as successful as someone who is more familiar with basketball know how and nba2k itself. While in "real life" a team like MIA would beat a Mil, or Bobcat team, this shouldn't determine the victor in a basketball video game between to individuals. Also basketball fundamentals such as passing, and rebounding are awful in 2k13. Even when you box out the opposing rebounders some lone pg always comes up with the rock. Again I don't knock 2k for handi-capping the game, but they should have seperate game modes for casual and the more serious gamers.

JasonMartin 05-04-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22 (Post 2044980523)
You know what I find hilarious? Overly vocal people that have nothing but complaints about 2K, supposedly "hardcore", want sim, sim, and more SIM - such as yourself - but openly admit you hope EA releases an NBA game because "you DO want to get that". Despite that game's quality when they did try to release it, despite the fact that they haven't shown so much as a feature list, a screenshot - even shown that they intend to release a NBA game in the first place. 2K has to "step up", but you'll buy a Live game sight unseen. Completely laughable. And of course you leave yourself wiggle room with saying maybe you won't wait to get 2k14.

The single reason I'm willing to buy EA Live sight unseen is because I want them back in the market, to grow again, to support them. EA Live is probably going to be a bad game, who cares. 2K12 was bad, 2K13 isn't all that.

We need (maybe you are too stupid to realize this) more than 1 company that releases NBA games. Competition is needed, 2K is slacking.

JasonMartin 05-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22 (Post 2044980720)
I'm not buying a car. Or even a TV. It's a videogame. My fave sport is football. But when I realized it wasn't likely Madden would be the game I wanted it to be, I realized I was in the minority and walked away. I like the improvements 2K has made to the game year-to-year. If you feel they haven't, then I go back to my previous post - shame on you for continuing to purchase it.

You are hilarious. Calling me out for the fact I'm willing to buy EA Live sight unseen but here we have mr spankdatazzz who does the same thing for NBA 2K even though he doesn't know jack about the what has changed and is hoping it will satisfy him again.

thedream2k13 05-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMartin (Post 2044983940)
The single reason I'm willing to buy EA Live sight unseen is because I want them back in the market, to grow again, to support them. EA Live is probably going to be a bad game, who cares. 2K12 was bad, 2K13 isn't all that.

We need (maybe you are too stupid to realize this) more than 1 company that releases NBA games. Competition is needed, 2K is slacking.

I hope NBA Live comes back strong also but I cannot make a blind purchase. 2k is now casual friendly so live has my attention until I see their progress. The best demo gets my $ this year.