Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   To online gamers...time to grow up (/forums/showthread.php?t=630181)

Rudy22G 05-15-2013 01:42 PM

To online gamers...time to grow up

Can we please stop playing on 'Pro' difficulty online? If you are not good, i understand. But if you are shooting 20 under, how is that fun?

***Skill levels should be determined by difficulty!!

Pro- 35 max
T. Pro - 50 max
Tourn- 75 max
Sim- 100 max

I think this would motivate people to try harder levels and actually play the game.

My GT is Rudy 22 G, i play Sim but with normal shot shaping.
"You scared bro?" ...nah man, i just dont play on Pro....bro

kickingguru 05-15-2013 03:00 PM

Re: To online gamers...time to grow up

So much I want to say but I will leave it with this....

Another "I Only" therefore every one else should....

Seriously, I like to shoot -20 or better.... So do many in the game... You do not... So do many in the game.... It takes all of us to make a community. Its why there are different game modes. If what you said was the case, the game loses half its base of players..... How does that help anything in the game?

Find the group you like to play with and the settings and enjoy. Why care what everyone else is doing? It makes you sound bitter that you feel you cant compete.....

BD8802 05-15-2013 03:16 PM

Every week I play in the country club tour event. I find it fun. Its starts ultra-easy and then ramps up to pretty hard by the 4th round. I know that even on my best days, I am not shooting -23 in the first two rounds. I did shoot -19 one time and was totally pumped. That same week I should +1 on the fourth round. At the time I finished, that was the best 4th round posted.

I like the idea of that tournament. I like seeing the -23 people shoot a bunch over par on the last round. I like playing amateur to figure out how the ball reacts on the green and to the wind in certain situations.

I think there is a time and place for every type of play. Personally, I would not want to play your settings because I think the normal shot shaping is too easy, and does not simulate a real golf swing as much as the advanced shot shaping. But I play with it a couple times a week, and have fun those two times.

I'd suggest finding a country club that plays your settings ... and just forgetting about everything else.

Rudy22G 05-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickingguru (Post 2045016424)
So much I want to say but I will leave it with this....

Another "I Only" therefore every one else should....

Seriously, I like to shoot -20 or better.... So do many in the game... You do not... So do many in the game.... It takes all of us to make a community. Its why there are different game modes. If what you said was the case, the game loses half its base of players..... How does that help anything in the game?

Find the group you like to play with and the settings and enjoy. Why care what everyone else is doing? It makes you sound bitter that you feel you cant compete.....

I care because it makes it difficult for guys like me (which apparently are few) to find a game online. Sure the country club with your personal ideal settings is fun, but who wants to play the same people all the time? I'm just encouraging people to try harder levels. Players who play on pro, don't have to calculate wind as much, green speed, or their lie. You can literally attack the pin no matter the angle or green. If shooting -20 under everytime you log in is your cup of tea, thats fine- But i would encourage you to graduate to higher levels in the game. Once you master tour pro and you are shooting -15 under at a good pace, move to tournament, and so on.

I guess to me, calculating the game is challenging and fun. Its easy for you to find a game... literally 20 games to choose from in the sessions.

Rudy22G 05-15-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD8802 (Post 2045016486)
Every week I play in the country club tour event. I find it fun. Its starts ultra-easy and then ramps up to pretty hard by the 4th round. I know that even on my best days, I am not shooting -23 in the first two rounds. I did shoot -19 one time and was totally pumped. That same week I should +1 on the fourth round. At the time I finished, that was the best 4th round posted.

I like the idea of that tournament. I like seeing the -23 people shoot a bunch over par on the last round. I like playing amateur to figure out how the ball reacts on the green and to the wind in certain situations.

I think there is a time and place for every type of play. Personally, I would not want to play your settings because I think the normal shot shaping is too easy, and does not simulate a real golf swing as much as the advanced shot shaping. But I play with it a couple times a week, and have fun those two times.

I'd suggest finding a country club that plays your settings ... and just forgetting about everything else.

Exactly my point. I wish those -20 under players would try harder levels that they struggle at so more people online have different difficulites to chose from.

**I am just now starting to practice the diagnol swing!

Fiddy 05-15-2013 06:50 PM

here's an idea, play the tournaments on "tournament" or simulation level that they have set up for people daily. stop looking for head to head games that way. you complaining about it here on OS wont make those thousands of people that dont come here stop playing on pro.

i cant stand pro/tourpro. i play on settings between tournament and simulation, as do my country club guys.

maybe even find a country club to play with that suit your play style tastes.

Rudy22G 05-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy (Post 2045017057)
here's an idea, play the tournaments on "tournament" or simulation level that they have set up for people daily. stop looking for head to head games that way. you complaining about it here on OS wont make those thousands of people that dont come here stop playing on pro.

i cant stand pro/tourpro. i play on settings between tournament and simulation, as do my country club guys.

maybe even find a country club to play with that suit your play style tastes.

You either need to learn how to read, or go back and read my posts.

Flightwhite24 05-15-2013 10:11 PM

:34: To each his/her own is my take. Let me get my popcorn ready for this thread :popcorn::boxing: