Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 14 Gameplay Developer Diary with One Touch Dekes Gameplay Trailer (/forums/showthread.php?t=630444)

Steve_OS 05-16-2013 10:44 AM

NHL 14 Gameplay Developer Diary with One Touch Dekes Gameplay Trailer

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA Sports has just posted their NHL 14 gameplay developer diary, which goes over one touch dekes, true performance skating improvements, defensive strafing, quicker pivots, improved high speed turning, linking 45-degree cuts and more.

hossafan91 05-16-2013 11:10 AM

"Remember kids, if your hockey bag has wheels, you probably don't" Classic

Segagendude 05-16-2013 11:52 AM

Re: NHL 14 Gameplay Developer Diary with One Touch Dekes Gameplay Trailer

After dekeing and doing all that skill stuff, they'd better have improved the goal celebrations to make it all worth it...

murph17 05-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossafan91 (Post 2045018986)
"Remember kids, if your hockey bag has wheels, you probably don't" Classic

bite me Rammer. my hockey bag is friggin' heavy, so what if it has wheels? pucks, helmet/skate parts, extra jerseys, etc...

ComaFaction 05-16-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murph17 (Post 2045019380)
bite me Rammer. my hockey bag is friggin' heavy, so what if it has wheels? pucks, helmet/skate parts, extra jerseys, etc...

so carry it like a man ;)

13whitebread 05-16-2013 03:16 PM

Please tell me there's more presentation I hope they will surprise us instead of waiting untill next gen heck nhl2k had it back some years ago. Overall very happy with what I am seeing . I love the NHL series for me all I need is new announcers and more TV style presentation aspect and it will send this game over the top. Hockey is the greatest sport on ice. Next to full contact curling of course.

Fiddy 05-16-2013 03:51 PM

so, they made deking even easier than it is now. great.

from the looks of it, the loose puck dekes, the puck is still glued to the player/animation and cant be poked away like it should when in position. great.

they got rid of the skating in mud when turning or making a quick change of direction. sweet, even easier to skate around the d men with speed, agility, and endurance. great.

honestly, wish they would have just updated the skating animations from 12 to 13, not added this new skating stuff. bc its done more harm than good IMO. same goes from 13 to 14, keep updating the animations for dekes, new ones etc. keep updating and tuning how the AI reacts to plays and what not. yet they dont.

IMO, as much as i moan and groan, these guys are close to making a solid gameplay hockey game, but yet so far away. bah!

Simple Mathematics 05-16-2013 05:50 PM

Well I'm glad that worse players won't be able to pull off the cool dekes. I think the ratings revamped project will take this to the next level, so only the guys who should be doing these kind of dekes will be doing them.