Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Baseball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   A Twins Journey (/forums/showthread.php?t=633168)

Tdubs112 05-26-2013 06:05 PM

A Twins Journey

Later tonight i will be starting a Minnesota Twins franchise. I will be playing it in a play one sim 5 format so i use a different pitcher per start until i get back around to the first one. This way i can have a little influence on how my pitchers do, while still leaving it up to them a majority of the time.
I will also be doing a segment of Down on the Farm where i will give updates on my top prospects, and how my minor league teams are doing.
Being a huge twins fan, and from Minnesota, i think this will be my only way to play a fun franchise with them, by making myself keep track. Otherwise i have to much of an ocd and keep restarting because i don't like how a certain player is playing. So hopefully you guys will stay with me and i can make this a fun chise.

Tdubs112 05-26-2013 07:19 PM

Re: A Twins Journey

Some major questions lie ahead for Gardy and the Minnesota Twins. Like Who will establish themselves as the Dominant Ace pitcher, will it be the New comer in Vance Worley, or someone like Scott diamond, who has been around for a few years.

One of the biggest questions though, is what will happen to the two men below. They have been the face of this franchise for years. Will they reemerge as the dominant due they once were? Will injuries finally end their once great careers? Or will the season be lost and they be shopped for quality prospects to replace them?

Playing at beautiful Target Field, The twins have failed to live up to expectations the last few years. Back to back 90+ loss season plague them. Will this be the year the Twins make them selves relevant in the AL Central once again? Stick around to find out.

Tdubs112 05-26-2013 09:17 PM

Alright so everyone knows this is the O.S.F.M v2 roster. I will skip the first spring training and set my rosters the way i feel. I try to play real, so i wont be calling up players that still have a few months/years to go. Im going to work hard on this, i do work nights so i will most likely post a few times each day, before i go to work. Im hoping i can have fun with this, and you guys enjoy reading.

Tdubs112 05-26-2013 11:39 PM

After an ok spring training, the twins found out they are in desperate need of a quality starter in the rotation. Hopeful someone will step into that spot, Gardy was quoted saying "I think that individual is in our organization, its now about finding him."

The starting Five pitchers will look like this

Vance Worley (will be the opening day starter)
Kyle Gibson
Scott diamond
Kevin Correia
Liam Hendriks

The starting lineups will be as followed
Aaron Hicks in center
Joe Mauer Catching
Josh Willingham left
Justin Morneau at first
Ryan Doumit will be the DH
Trevor Plouffe will play third
Chris Parmelee will be in right
Eduardo Escobar will be at short
Brian Dozier will be at second

In the bull-pen

Mike Pelfrey and Cole De Vries will be my long relievers
Anthony swarzak and Brian Dunsing will be my Middle relievers
Jared burton and casey fien will be the set up men

And Glen Perkins has taken the Closer spot.

With only three left handed pitchers at the major league level expect the Twins to jump on that and bring in some sooner rather than later.

The reserve fielders will be
Darin Mastroianni
Jamey Carroll
Pedro Florimon
and Oswaldo Arcia

Player Spotlight

Undoubtedly this man, Justin Morneau will need to have a good season if the twins will want to get anywhere close to the post season. Coming off a major concussion and multiple other injuries, the twins would love to see Justin return to his 2006 mvp kind of stats.

Tdubs112 05-27-2013 12:03 AM

TALK ABOUT SURPRISES Twins win the ball game 8 to 2

The twins were able to use the tigers big bats against them and pull off the win

Vance Worley was able to keep the big bats quiet and go all nine in a four hit two walk, six strike out, two run performance.

Justin Morneau Went 2 for 4 with a big three run Homerun in the seventh to put the game away. He had four rbi's altogether, and played great in the field, scooping some low balls from our young short stop and second basemen.

Trevor Plouffe added a two run blast in the sixth, and the twins bats were working.

Verlander could only muster 5.1 innings of work, which forced the Tigers to use their bullpen. three different pitcher came out two of which worked an inning.

Ron Gardenhires' Quote of the Game - "Justin and Vance really showed some leadership tonight, It was nice to see justin hitting a hot bat right off the start. He is someone we are going to need in order to work our way back to the top this year. Vance just pitched lights out. He gave up one bad pitch to Cabrera, who took it to deep left center, but besides that i could not have asked for a better start."

Tdubs112 05-27-2013 01:30 AM

After The first game rout, the twins won the series with the tigers by splitting the last two with them. Than took two of three from Baltimore.

Joe and Justin are both having a great opening to the season each with three Homeruns, and eight RBI's.

The starting pitching has been good, and the relief has been doing whats been asked of it. the only loses came on a 1 to 4 lose to detroit and a 4 to 5 lose Baltimore.

Down on the Farm

Both the tripple A and double A affiliates for the twins, have started their season off at 3 and 1. As the season progresses more and more will be known about the prospects and who is right around the corner.

Tdubs112 05-27-2013 01:37 AM

Twins Take Opening Game Against Kansas City In Style

Justin Morneau once again stole the show against Kansas City. In the top of the fourth with Mauer and Willingham on base, Justin hit a bomb over center field to take a 3 to 2 lead, he than added one more in the top of the ninth to add an insurance run. Kyle Gibson pitched 6.1 strong innings before going out with some stiffness in the shoulder. Jarrod Burton came in to relieve him, and perkins came in to close the door.

Justin Morneau Interview " I think that the team is playing great right now, it's way to early to say how good or bad we are going to be. Right now we just have to focus on how to keep winning ballgames, and keeping ourselves close to the division leader, so if we do hit a slump, we wont lose much ground"

Justin now leads the team with 5 homeruns and 12 rbis. Hopefully he can keep it going.

Tdubs112 05-27-2013 02:10 PM

Feed back would be nice guys, nice to know if anyone is going to follow this.