Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   NCAA 15 Wishlist (Xbox One/PS4) (/forums/showthread.php?t=634878)

specialk15 09-09-2013 09:21 PM

Re: NCAA 15 Wishlist (Xbox One/PS4)

First, the way the players run should be much more realistic. The way they sway their shoulders and twist their hands back and forth makes the players look silly. Make them run like someone with better form like De'Anthony Thomas. The idea of earning xp for stadium upgrades is good as well. Also, it'd be cool to have another set of announcers for dynasty mode. Then when you look at your schedule, it can say that your game is televised by cbs or espn or a channel like that. Then the updates and scoreboard on the screen in game will vary. That would be a nice but subtle touch to the game. Also, add more specific parts of commentary like mlb 2k or nba 2k (I know you can't use names but still). Maybe more realistic crowd noises for home teams, instead of just loud cheering on big plays, add the bobbing up and down "ohhhhh" noise that the student section makes. Also, when you make your player pump up the crowd, the crowd should actually get louder like in one of the old football games i had.

All just off the top of my head at the moment - not sure if anyone actually reads these

specialk15 09-09-2013 09:28 PM

You should be able to select your huddle strategy before the game that way no matter what team you are you can go huddle or no huddle, i agree

MontyGossen55 09-10-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero Theory 42 (Post 2045129860)
when it comes to player editing, we need to have unlimited choices on hair type, color, faces. everything that second gen had. its lacking so much detail

I agree. I am getting tired of the same faces and styles. The players need more personality.

luckym 09-12-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranman1982 (Post 2045129908)
Whats the fascination with hair, they wear helmets. I rarely can tell what kind, or color the hair because of the helmets.

Also, in "next Gen" you hope for more REALISM and with that comes "real, dynamic sidelines" which would have players without their helmets on, AAAAAAAAND those plays when a helmet gets knocked off, then it'd be pretty darn cool if, for example, a Clay Mathews wanna-be linebacker, who is playing for your school, let's his pretty, long golden locks drive all the girls wild when he destroys a running back AFTER he had already gotten his own helmet knocked off while being blocked by the pulling left guard.

cdavis23546 10-05-2013 04:57 PM

I was thinking about this it would be cool if ncaa(if there ever is a new one that is made) had stadium upgrade packages kinda like madden. So you start with any star program from 1 to 6 stars. After a certain amount of years in the stadium and completing goals during those seasons(like wins at home, capacity, program credibility and other things that involve your team). After completing all of the required tasks you have the option to upgrade your stadium to a 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star, or 6 star stadium package. Now before I go into the packages let me say that obviously you cannot jump multiple stadium packages, which means if you have a three star stadium you can upgrade to a four star stadium package, never jumping from a three up to a five or six. Now in the stadium packages are just a bundle of 4-10 stadiums all generally the same for each stadium package. All look different(like madden has the futuristic, modern and domes, etc). I feel like this cant be hard if they are doing it in madden and college fans are some of the craziest in sports so why not give every program the opportunity to build their team up and as their team builds up so does the stadium size.

Miles Perry 10-15-2013 11:30 AM

My wishlist: NCAA 15.

andredebose4 10-25-2013 06:28 PM

I have been a huge fan of the NCAA Football Series for quite a few years now, and although some years have been better than others, I still feel that there is always room for improvement. NCAA 14 had some good features, like the revamped option offense, and better graphics/visuals, but it also had some downfalls...So here are my thoughts on what NCAA 15 needs to do/accomplish.

First of all, gameplay. To me, gameplay has never been a huge issue, but since NCAA 14 came out, I have a few pointers: make interceptions look and feel like interceptions. This improved greatly in NCAA 14, but players, sometimes even my own, are pulling off some crazy interceptions that honestly shouldn't happen. Not a huge deal, just a simple fix. Also, for some reason in NCAA 14, playing defense seemed very difficult at times, specifically pass defense. Sometimes, my cornerbacks would decide to leave receivers wide open. Kind of annoying. Another huge feature that I liked in NCAA 14 is the user-catch. This made jump-balls more realistic...please don't change that. User penalties in past NCAA series have been few and far between. I moved the "holding" slider up to 55 instead of the default 50 one time in NCAA 12, and I swear every other play was a holding penalty. Very frustrating. In NCAA 14, it seems that the CPU pulls of ton of blocks in the back, which are subsequently never called. That is also very frustrating. Other than all of that, gameplay is OK.

Next, team management, specifically in Dynasty Mode. Personally, offline dynasty is my favorite game mode. However, there are a bunch of features that could be added to make it even more fun and realistic. Spring Games would be nice to see! Also, 85-man rosters is very important. This allows the user to bring in a whole bunch of recruits and not have to worry about cutting half of them because he or she doesn't have the roster space. To go along with this, DUPLICATE NUMBERS is another huge thing that needs to be added! Allow a player on offense and a player on defense to wear the same number! Next, allow the user to give out medical redshirts. Additionally, add for disciplinary action (I will reference this later during player customization). Nowadays, players are suspended and kicked off of teams so often that you just can't keep track of that kind of stuff anymore. I think NCAA 15 needs to have this feature.

Stadiums - kind of related to team management/dynasty, but I think you should be able to upgrade your stadium. Especially if you use a smaller school. Also, please add bands and student sections with team-specific cheers and songs ( ex. Jump Around at Camp Randall).

Probably my personal favorite is player customization. Since I'm all about realism, I like my players to look both realistic and have realistic skill ratings. So here's what needs to happen in NCAA 15...

My biggest pet peeve, and I mean the biggest thing that bothers me with player customization is body styles. A huge part of that is head or face "styles". Please try to follow me here...this might get confusing. In NCAA football, when customizing a players face/head, there are 3 head styles: small, medium, and large. For example, in NCAA 14, I wanted to edit Karlos Williams, #9 S from Florida State. He is listed at 6'1" 230lbs in the game. In the game, Williams has a lighter skin tone than he does in real life. So when I go to change it to a darker skin tone, his head style literally becomes larger and his face somewhat represents a chubby 6'5" 300lb lineman. It makes him look fat. Literally. This goes for any QB 6'3"+ and 215lbs+, any RB who is 5'10"+ and 211lbs+, any DE who is 6'4"+ and 261lbs+, any LB who is 6'3"+ and 216lbs+ or 6'2"+ and 231lbs+, any CB who is 5'10"+ and 190lbs+, and any S who is 6'1" and 201lbs+. If you have a player at any of the positions above who has height AND weight greater than corresponding values, then you will get "Large", chubby looking heads/faces. It just looks like crap.. If you don't understand what I'm saying, hop on your game and try to customize a 6'1" 205lb running back. When you try to switch the skin tone, the game defaults to "large" heads and faces, which are unrealstic for a running back of this size. This pertains to all the body styles and positions above. The same effect is also occurring on the "smaller" players. Just because I have a 5'11" 175 WR doesn't mean he has to have a tiny, skinny face. Let him have a normal sized head. Small heads are default on most QB's under 210lbs, RB's under 190lbs, any wide receiver who IS NOT at least 6'3 and 175lbs, any LB who is under 6', any CB who is under 175lbs, and any S under 190lbs. ***Please note that the default head styles are determined by height and weight at a specific position. ***Also note that some of these defaults have changed in NCAA 14. However, most are still present. I'm very sorry if this is confusing, but for those of you who understand and are bothered by it too, please post this as well. So to get my point across***Let us choose any face/head style on any player regardless of size***.

Alright, next...helmets and facemasks. New helmet and facemask styles are revealed every year in college football, so keeping up might be hard. However, NCAA 14 got most of the facemasks in there, the more common ones at least. Two that they missed are these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ion%...2F%3B615%3B529

https://www.google.com/search?q=ion%...%3B1200%3B1800

Sorry if the fact that I use FSU player as an example while having a Gator player as my profile pic...I honestly support both teams. However, I would like to see both of these helmets added into the game, as they are increasingly becoming more common.
For my next point on player customization, I would also like to reference these two pictures. Note the leg bands - they sit right below the knee, not in the middle of the shin, like they are offered in NCAA football games. Also, note on #22, the arm bands that are on the biceps. Many players wear them here, so please make that available. And just to squeeze this in here, but fix the shoulder pads. Add an option where they aren't so tight, but also not so loose and baggy, sort of like #6 has.
Take note of the gold undershirt that #6 is wearing. Many teams have tertiary team colors, not just secondary. In this case, the player has a gold undershirt, which are common with FSU players. Similar is Alabama, whose players often wear gray undershirts. Just a small detail and a simple addition*. Also, please fix the damn wrist tape! Make it look like a thin layer of tape rather than a ultra-thick sweatband. Also, add more glove styles. Although the team-specific Nike Gloves are cool, let us be able to choose between those and a default gray Nike glove or something. Also, please add the team specific cleats and socks as seen in the pictures above. This are SO COOL!!!
Like previously mentioned, I would like to talk about discipline with players. Add a rating slider for behavior and academics, if the slider drops below a certain point, allow us to suspend or sit that player. It'd be more realistic considering college athletes aren't always the smartest (mostly in terms of decision making).
Player attributes - Please make player attributes that are realistic. For example, a 6'5" 220lb WR isn't going to have an agility rating of 95. He also probably won't have a very high elusiveness rating or a high spin/juke move rating. He will probably be a stronger, more physical receiver who will go up in traffic and make a great catch. Same goes for a 5'11" 175lb WR. He will probably be a little quicker, more agile, but not necessarily able to jump super high nor catch a lot of jump balls.
To go along with player ratings, and this might be a dynasty/team management related topic as well, but a depth chart based off each specific team would be nice. What I mean by this is that if you are playing as Ohio State, you are running the spread. Although your top WR might be a 5'11" 175lb speedster, the outside probably isn't where he will play. He will likely be lined up in the slot. And your 6'5" 200lb WR probably will play outside, rather than in the slot. To branch off of this, maybe a tool where you could physically see your formation, and then assign players based on the specific type of position they play. Similar to formation subs, but let us tell the game to put for example, these 3 wide receivers in the depth chart as slot receivers only. Then let us put these two wide receivers at the "X" wideout spot, and put our other 2 out at the "Y" wideout spot. I think that's most of what I needed to say about player customization.

Recruiting is last, but still very important! When recruiting in a dynasty, let's have it where only players that would flourish in a certain type of offense are recruited by a school with that type of offense. For example, a 5'9" 175lb running back will probably not see a lot of PT at Alabama, but he might play a lot at Auburn or another school that runs more of a spread. Make it more realistic in that sense. Also, every year in CFB, highly recruited freshmen start for their teams, despite having a couple guys who are older and have been around the program longer already. In NCAA football, the highest rated freshmen that come in are rated between 78-84. In real life, these same guys will be good enough to beat out the competition en route to a starting job. Also, have a player's skill rating go up based on how much PT they receive and how well they perform. Let this rating change weekly if needed. Same goes for during the off-season: players that had a good season a year ago should have their ratings increase more than a player who didn't play very much. When it comes to kickers, most kickers in the NCAA, regardless of age, are pretty much one in the same. Most of them are capable of hitting 50+ yard field goals, so make that more realistic as well! And make the hometowns of the recruits more realistic. So often I find the top rated RB comes from North Dakota, and the top WR comes from Idaho! Seriously?!? Have more recruits from powerhouse states and cities, such as Miami, Fl., or Los Angeles, CA.

Before I end I'm just going to say that I am probably forgetting something and will have to add it later...but please read this and take note! Hopefully somebody who can do something about it will see!

Mckinley Cash 10-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andredebose4 (Post 2045595853)
I have been a huge fan of the NCAA Football Series for quite a few years now, and although some years have been better than others, I still feel that there is always room for improvement. NCAA 14 had some good features, like the revamped option offense, and better graphics/visuals, but it also had some downfalls...So here are my thoughts on what NCAA 15 needs to do/accomplish.

First of all, gameplay. To me, gameplay has never been a huge issue, but since NCAA 14 came out, I have a few pointers: make interceptions look and feel like interceptions. This improved greatly in NCAA 14, but players, sometimes even my own, are pulling off some crazy interceptions that honestly shouldn't happen. Not a huge deal, just a simple fix. Also, for some reason in NCAA 14, playing defense seemed very difficult at times, specifically pass defense. Sometimes, my cornerbacks would decide to leave receivers wide open. Kind of annoying. Another huge feature that I liked in NCAA 14 is the user-catch. This made jump-balls more realistic...please don't change that. User penalties in past NCAA series have been few and far between. I moved the "holding" slider up to 55 instead of the default 50 one time in NCAA 12, and I swear every other play was a holding penalty. Very frustrating. In NCAA 14, it seems that the CPU pulls of ton of blocks in the back, which are subsequently never called. That is also very frustrating. Other than all of that, gameplay is OK.

Next, team management, specifically in Dynasty Mode. Personally, offline dynasty is my favorite game mode. However, there are a bunch of features that could be added to make it even more fun and realistic. Spring Games would be nice to see! Also, 85-man rosters is very important. This allows the user to bring in a whole bunch of recruits and not have to worry about cutting half of them because he or she doesn't have the roster space. To go along with this, DUPLICATE NUMBERS is another huge thing that needs to be added! Allow a player on offense and a player on defense to wear the same number! Next, allow the user to give out medical redshirts. Additionally, add for disciplinary action (I will reference this later during player customization). Nowadays, players are suspended and kicked off of teams so often that you just can't keep track of that kind of stuff anymore. I think NCAA 15 needs to have this feature.

Stadiums - kind of related to team management/dynasty, but I think you should be able to upgrade your stadium. Especially if you use a smaller school. Also, please add bands and student sections with team-specific cheers and songs ( ex. Jump Around at Camp Randall).

Probably my personal favorite is player customization. Since I'm all about realism, I like my players to look both realistic and have realistic skill ratings. So here's what needs to happen in NCAA 15...

My biggest pet peeve, and I mean the biggest thing that bothers me with player customization is body styles. A huge part of that is head or face "styles". Please try to follow me here...this might get confusing. In NCAA football, when customizing a players face/head, there are 3 head styles: small, medium, and large. For example, in NCAA 14, I wanted to edit Karlos Williams, #9 S from Florida State. He is listed at 6'1" 230lbs in the game. In the game, Williams has a lighter skin tone than he does in real life. So when I go to change it to a darker skin tone, his head style literally becomes larger and his face somewhat represents a chubby 6'5" 300lb lineman. It makes him look fat. Literally. This goes for any QB 6'3"+ and 215lbs+, any RB who is 5'10"+ and 211lbs+, any DE who is 6'4"+ and 261lbs+, any LB who is 6'3"+ and 216lbs+ or 6'2"+ and 231lbs+, any CB who is 5'10"+ and 190lbs+, and any S who is 6'1" and 201lbs+. If you have a player at any of the positions above who has height AND weight greater than corresponding values, then you will get "Large", chubby looking heads/faces. It just looks like crap.. If you don't understand what I'm saying, hop on your game and try to customize a 6'1" 205lb running back. When you try to switch the skin tone, the game defaults to "large" heads and faces, which are unrealstic for a running back of this size. This pertains to all the body styles and positions above. The same effect is also occurring on the "smaller" players. Just because I have a 5'11" 175 WR doesn't mean he has to have a tiny, skinny face. Let him have a normal sized head. Small heads are default on most QB's under 210lbs, RB's under 190lbs, any wide receiver who IS NOT at least 6'3 and 175lbs, any LB who is under 6', any CB who is under 175lbs, and any S under 190lbs. ***Please note that the default head styles are determined by height and weight at a specific position. ***Also note that some of these defaults have changed in NCAA 14. However, most are still present. I'm very sorry if this is confusing, but for those of you who understand and are bothered by it too, please post this as well. So to get my point across***Let us choose any face/head style on any player regardless of size***.

Alright, next...helmets and facemasks. New helmet and facemask styles are revealed every year in college football, so keeping up might be hard. However, NCAA 14 got most of the facemasks in there, the more common ones at least. Two that they missed are these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ion%...2F%3B615%3B529

https://www.google.com/search?q=ion%...%3B1200%3B1800

Sorry if the fact that I use FSU player as an example while having a Gator player as my profile pic...I honestly support both teams. However, I would like to see both of these helmets added into the game, as they are increasingly becoming more common.
For my next point on player customization, I would also like to reference these two pictures. Note the leg bands - they sit right below the knee, not in the middle of the shin, like they are offered in NCAA football games. Also, note on #22, the arm bands that are on the biceps. Many players wear them here, so please make that available. And just to squeeze this in here, but fix the shoulder pads. Add an option where they aren't so tight, but also not so loose and baggy, sort of like #6 has.
Take note of the gold undershirt that #6 is wearing. Many teams have tertiary team colors, not just secondary. In this case, the player has a gold undershirt, which are common with FSU players. Similar is Alabama, whose players often wear gray undershirts. Just a small detail and a simple addition*. Also, please fix the damn wrist tape! Make it look like a thin layer of tape rather than a ultra-thick sweatband. Also, add more glove styles. Although the team-specific Nike Gloves are cool, let us be able to choose between those and a default gray Nike glove or something. Also, please add the team specific cleats and socks as seen in the pictures above. This are SO COOL!!!
Like previously mentioned, I would like to talk about discipline with players. Add a rating slider for behavior and academics, if the slider drops below a certain point, allow us to suspend or sit that player. It'd be more realistic considering college athletes aren't always the smartest (mostly in terms of decision making).
Player attributes - Please make player attributes that are realistic. For example, a 6'5" 220lb WR isn't going to have an agility rating of 95. He also probably won't have a very high elusiveness rating or a high spin/juke move rating. He will probably be a stronger, more physical receiver who will go up in traffic and make a great catch. Same goes for a 5'11" 175lb WR. He will probably be a little quicker, more agile, but not necessarily able to jump super high nor catch a lot of jump balls.
To go along with player ratings, and this might be a dynasty/team management related topic as well, but a depth chart based off each specific team would be nice. What I mean by this is that if you are playing as Ohio State, you are running the spread. Although your top WR might be a 5'11" 175lb speedster, the outside probably isn't where he will play. He will likely be lined up in the slot. And your 6'5" 200lb WR probably will play outside, rather than in the slot. To branch off of this, maybe a tool where you could physically see your formation, and then assign players based on the specific type of position they play. Similar to formation subs, but let us tell the game to put for example, these 3 wide receivers in the depth chart as slot receivers only. Then let us put these two wide receivers at the "X" wideout spot, and put our other 2 out at the "Y" wideout spot. I think that's most of what I needed to say about player customization.

Recruiting is last, but still very important! When recruiting in a dynasty, let's have it where only players that would flourish in a certain type of offense are recruited by a school with that type of offense. For example, a 5'9" 175lb running back will probably not see a lot of PT at Alabama, but he might play a lot at Auburn or another school that runs more of a spread. Make it more realistic in that sense. Also, every year in CFB, highly recruited freshmen start for their teams, despite having a couple guys who are older and have been around the program longer already. In NCAA football, the highest rated freshmen that come in are rated between 78-84. In real life, these same guys will be good enough to beat out the competition en route to a starting job. Also, have a player's skill rating go up based on how much PT they receive and how well they perform. Let this rating change weekly if needed. Same goes for during the off-season: players that had a good season a year ago should have their ratings increase more than a player who didn't play very much. When it comes to kickers, most kickers in the NCAA, regardless of age, are pretty much one in the same. Most of them are capable of hitting 50+ yard field goals, so make that more realistic as well! And make the hometowns of the recruits more realistic. So often I find the top rated RB comes from North Dakota, and the top WR comes from Idaho! Seriously?!? Have more recruits from powerhouse states and cities, such as Miami, Fl., or Los Angeles, CA.

Before I end I'm just going to say that I am probably forgetting something and will have to add it later...but please read this and take note! Hopefully somebody who can do something about it will see!

I hate to break it to you, but there won't be another NCAA Football game. Good list tho. I'm disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk