Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (/forums/showthread.php?t=637971)

Steve_OS 06-14-2013 11:53 AM

NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V3C4yxGDZXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MyGamerPad has posted their video interview with Ben Haumiller, Creative Director for NCAA Football 14.

bucknut7 06-14-2013 12:18 PM

Re: NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller

Not a huge fan of listening to him talk. Anything new here?

tarheel_12 06-14-2013 12:27 PM

Ben did say in this interview crowd noise has been improved, had not heard that yet. He went into detail on how the downfield blocking on bubble screens was fixed, that sounded great. Also mentioned that most of the recruiting changes came from talking to West Virginia recruiting coordinator and that some improvements couldn't be added this year, but maybe down the road. Nice to know EA brings in real football guys and nice to know some more depth may be added to recruiting in the future since some people have complained about that.

CcAaRrSsOoNn3 06-14-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel_12 (Post 2045121007)
Ben did say in this interview crowd noise has been improved, had not heard that yet. He went into detail on how the downfield blocking on bubble screens was fixed, that sounded great. Also mentioned that most of the recruiting changes came from talking to West Virginia recruiting coordinator and that some improvements couldn't be added this year, but maybe down the road. Nice to know EA brings in real football guys and nice to know some more depth may be added to recruiting in the future since some people have complained about that.

Pretty much how EA works man.

Check out the shiny new cleats! Check out the Team builder!

We will fix major issues NEXT YEAR!!

LastExit 06-14-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it's nice to hear one of the guys just admit that something wasn't working as it should and that they fixed it. Although I don't agree with the interviewer that this would be a question that a "hardcore gamer" would want an answer to......I've played this game for I don't know how long but I don't consider myself a "hardcore gamer." You don't need to play this game for hours on end every day to know that the option and bubble screens were not "working" properly for years.

I don't think it's just bubble screens, however. Judging by the videos that folks at E3 have been able to make, it looks like blocking in general has been greatly improved.

Consulting with WVU's recruiter sounds promising. There are plenty of other schools they could have gone to as well, but WVU has to recruit heavily outside of the state and sell kids on coming to a small state and I'd imagine it's not very easy to do.

WVUWILD12 06-14-2013 01:32 PM

They fixed bubble screens. Finally. Maybe ill be able to run them now

Adder15 06-14-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3 (Post 2045121047)
Pretty much how EA works man.

Check out the shiny new cleats! Check out the Team builder!

We will fix major issues NEXT YEAR!!

They upgraded teambuilder?

RebelHog 06-14-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Said that every year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2