Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   New Jersey Devils Goalie Martin Brodeur Wins the NHL 14 Cover Vote (/forums/showthread.php?t=640005)

RaychelSnr 06-28-2013 06:18 PM

New Jersey Devils Goalie Martin Brodeur Wins the NHL 14 Cover Vote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i_C77yDKjPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was just revealed New Jersey's Martin Brodeur will grace the cover of NHL 14, becoming the first goalie to grace the cover of the franchise since John Vanbiesbrouck, featured on NHL '97. Brodeur won the fan vote by defeating Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky in the cover vote finals.

NHL 14 arrives in stores on September 10th for PS3 and Xbox 360.

What do you think of this year's cover athlete for NHL 14?

SamitSarkar 06-28-2013 06:27 PM

aw, GODDAMMIT

signed, a Rangers fan

JerseySuave4 06-28-2013 06:31 PM

wish EA would stop doing these cover votes (i know they won't). I love Brodeur but he shouldn't be on the cover of NHL 14. So many young stars out there more deserving and instead you get a guy on the last legs of his career. They should really just start doing regional covers so multiple guys are on the cover.

jijobiku 06-28-2013 06:35 PM

Re: NHL 14 Coverman Revealed: Goalie Martin Brodeur

Kind of wish Bobrovsky won it since he won the Vezina, but congrats to Marty nonetheless.

believeinnow 06-28-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySuave4 (Post 2045180135)
wish EA would stop doing these cover votes (i know they won't). I love Brodeur but he shouldn't be on the cover of NHL 14. So many young stars out there more deserving and instead you get a guy on the last legs of his career. They should really just start doing regional covers so multiple guys are on the cover.

At least in Canada they have done regional covers. Last year all seven Canadian cities had team-specific covers fans could get on launch day (at certain EB Games locations). You can be certain they'll do that again.

13whitebread 06-28-2013 08:22 PM

When does a Detroit Red Wing grace the cover? The object of every NHL season is to lift lords Stanley cup. I think that whoever graces the cover should be the Conn Smythe winner the player that best helps his team lift the cup. This is why I don't like the fans vote IMO. Mostly because its the same as the last 3 years switch it up. I also would not mind regional covers like they did in CANADA but a little variety each year.

Griffey30 06-28-2013 08:56 PM

Re: New Jersey Devils Goalie Martin Brodeur Wins the NHL 14 Cover Vote

Quote:

Originally Posted by derektown (Post 2045180453)
When does a Detroit Red Wing grace the cover? The object of every NHL season is to lift lords Stanley cup. I think that whoever graces the cover should be the Conn Smythe winner the player that best helps his team lift the cup. This is why I don't like the fans vote IMO. Mostly because its the same as the last 3 years switch it up. I also would not mind regional covers like they did in CANADA but a little variety each year.

Tell your detroit fans to vote more. It was Marty vs Pavel in one of the rounds. Its just a cover. Everyones already complaining

Manziocity 06-28-2013 08:57 PM

Re: NHL 14 Coverman Revealed: Goalie Martin Brodeur

Quote:

Originally Posted by jijobiku (Post 2045180150)
Kind of wish Bobrovsky won it since he won the Vezina, but congrats to Marty nonetheless.

Gotta figure that EA threw the vote out the window when news about Bobrovsky possibly bolting for the KHL came out. Wouldn't look very good to have a cover athlete who doesn't even play in the league.