Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 13 vs Madden "25" for Casual fans? (/forums/showthread.php?t=641036)

Majingir 07-05-2013 06:05 PM

Madden 13 vs Madden "25" for Casual fans?

What are the main differences between last years Madden game and this years one? And for a casual NFL fan, would people recommend getting it?

I don't play the games online, and am fine with downloading user created roster updates(from a site like this) if I were to keep Madden 13. The main things I play in Madden 13 are exhibition mode and franchise mode(or whatever it's called in Madden 13.

But seeing the all new franchise stuff in Madden 25, along with relocating teams to diff cities, it's making me think about getting it, but I really don't know if I should since if I'm not a huge NFL fan, don't know if it'd make sense getting NFL games back to back years if there's no as many noticeable changes for me as there would be for bigger fans.

mestevo 07-05-2013 06:08 PM

If you're willing to do roster work to avoid paying for 25 then I think we have different definitions of a casual fan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Majingir 07-05-2013 06:22 PM

Re: Madden 13 vs Madden "25" for Casual fans?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2045205467)
If you're willing to do roster work to avoid paying for 25 then I think we have different definitions of a casual fan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I never said I was willing to do roster work, I said that if I kept Madden 13, I'd still be able to update rosters by downloading the updates people on this site post(since each year there's always someone who posts the roster updates for the previous years game).

jmurphy31 07-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2045205570)
I never said I was willing to do roster work, I said that if I kept Madden 13, I'd still be able to update rosters by downloading the updates people on this site post(since each year there's always someone who posts the roster updates for the previous years game).

Just use the updated rostrs for now. wait until OSers get their hands on it and give theior impressions. If you arent sure, wait and see how it is. heck you might even get it cheaper if you wait. It still isnt coming out for over a month yet.

Biggest off the field difference is probably the addition of owner mode. On the field is improved blocking and footwork. (just a quick list of differences)

azdawgpound 07-05-2013 07:04 PM

well like jmurphy said 25 has improved blocking and footwork, also EA brought back the EA lockers that u can share rosters,sliders, playbooks... in 25 u can take any teams playbooks and mix and match to make your own.

they also brought back 32 team control in ccm as well something 13 dosent have.

NutsackII 07-05-2013 09:52 PM

So it's official we can control all 32 teams again? That made me take last year's game back.

gr18 07-05-2013 10:56 PM

You would really have to be a casual fan to get much enjoyment from '13 with the bad CPU A.I. This years game seems to be better according to the few/that have played and the videos.If you were to play a title to get updated in the rosters section I would go with '12.The editor that was created can give you updated draft classes each year and you can change ratings in franchise where Career mode in '13 limits what you can do and update.

Gronk4M13 07-06-2013 06:34 AM

I play Madden for franchise mode, or now Connected Careers/Franchise. Madden 25 has strongly upgraded in that part of the game, with bringing back Owner Mode. Also, the Infinity Engine is improved, better pass blocking and more tackle-breaking animations improve the general gameplay. I would strongly recommend getting Madden 25.