Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Acceleration Burst? (/forums/showthread.php?t=641113)

WVUWILD12 07-06-2013 08:40 AM

Acceleration Burst?

Just haven't been able to get used to this yet. Or maybe I'm just not using it right. I've tried just pushing it once but then it seems like you get caught from behind to easily. I've had better success holding the button down for the remainder of the play after I push it (kinda like the old sprint button) but this really drains the players stamina. What's everyone's opinions on this feature and the best way to use it?

scarface786 07-06-2013 08:45 AM

Re: Acceleration Burst?

The purpose of the speed burst is to get to the players top speed faster. once they hit that top speed they won't go any faster. A good example of using it is on running plays don't hit it until you see a hole open up. Lowering the speed threshold will help from getting caught from behind all the time.

WVUWILD12 07-06-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarface786 (Post 2045208024)
The purpose of the speed burst is to get to the players top speed faster. once they hit that top speed they won't go any faster. A good example of using it is on running plays don't hit it until you see a hole open up. Lowering the speed threshold will help from getting caught from behind all the time.

I've been playin on 0 threshold. And I don't hit it until I find I hold or get around the edge but once I let go of the button it's like instead of remaining at top speed they go back to how they were running before the button was pressed. Maybe it's in my head.

scarface786 07-06-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUWILD12 (Post 2045208027)
I've been playin on 0 threshold. And I don't hit it until I find I hold or get around the edge but once I let go of the button it's like instead of remaining at top speed they go back to how they were running before the button was pressed. Maybe it's in my head.

If your holding it instead of just pushing it for a short time it drains the stamina faster resulting in the player running slower. Not saying this is what you are doing, just trying to help.

Yukon46 07-06-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUWILD12 (Post 2045208027)

I gotta say, it kinda feels like this for me too.

I also play on 0 thres, and my 90+ spd/acc rated HB is getting caught by much slower guys, some have angles....but I dunno, I almost have to think it's something I am doing wrong also !

JayHimself 07-06-2013 01:12 PM

i'm not really sure how it works yet ha.

sportsfan23 07-06-2013 01:36 PM

What button do you use on ps3?

gatortech7 07-06-2013 01:41 PM

I find a hole then i press the acc button till im in the endzone or get tackled for a long gain, in real life players usually come out for a play or three when this happens so its pretty realistic.