Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Acceleration Burst? (/forums/showthread.php?t=641113)

hazey 07-06-2013 03:15 PM

Re: Acceleration Burst?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsfan23 (Post 2045208809)
What button do you use on ps3?

It's R2, which I always thought was sprint and was using it anyway in many previous versions.

It's not really "new" at all, other than now when you use it it steals your stamina. If they changed R2 from spring to acceleration burst, I'm still trying to figure out where they moved sprint too.

I just checked the advanced controls. Now there is no sprint.

Basically they changed "sprint" to "acceleration burst" and now it drains your energy faster.

The_Rick_14 07-06-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazey (Post 2045209141)
It's R2, which I always thought was sprint and was using it anyway in many previous versions.

It's not really "new" at all, other than now when you use it it steals your stamina. If they changed R2 from spring to acceleration burst, I'm still trying to figure out where they moved sprint too.

I just checked the advanced controls. Now there is no sprint.

Basically they changed "sprint" to "acceleration burst" and now it drains your energy faster.

The past few years the default was "Auto-sprint" where pressing R2 (or RT for the Xbox crew) wouldn't do anything. The game decided how you should sprint based on what you did with the left stick.

I never cared for that so I always turned Auto-Sprint off but for many pressing R2 did nothing for the past few years.

Roland44 07-06-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUWILD12 (Post 2045208027)
I've been playin on 0 threshold. And I don't hit it until I find I hold or get around the edge but once I let go of the button it's like instead of remaining at top speed they go back to how they were running before the button was pressed. Maybe it's in my head.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://sharepic101.com/upload/3/clear.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://sharepic101.com/upload/3/clear.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>

Exactly my strategy! Works out great so far, I like it actualy! :cool: