Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   INJURIES (/forums/showthread.php?t=641358)

twinswinagain 07-07-2013 04:40 PM

INJURIES

ok im now 16 games in with 7 minute quarters and have yet to see one injury. Anyone seeing any at all? If so do you still have the option to sit them out or bring them in with a risk like last year?

McNutted 07-07-2013 04:42 PM

Re: INJURIES

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinswinagain (Post 2045213175)
ok im now 16 games in with 7 minute quarters and have yet to see one injury. Anyone seeing any at all? If so do you still have the option to sit them out or bring them in with a risk like last year?

Yes there are injuries and yes you can still sub in minor injuries with a risk of a more severe one just like last year.

Mrbad31 07-07-2013 04:47 PM

It would be nice to see other positions besides quarterbacks and running backs getting injured too. It could add to the depth of your team seeing if your playing without a wr, LT, DE, Mlb, and a starting corner. I guess i'd like to see a few more injuries, is wgat im saying.

scarface786 07-07-2013 05:02 PM

I remember for the last few years my starting RB always got injured and was out for a significant amount of time. I'm glad this isn't the case this year. I have had a few minor injuries in the 3 full games I have played.

kwilliam 07-07-2013 05:22 PM

I had my starting qb go down for 4 games, and a few games after he came back he went down for 9 weeks. WRs have missed most of the game. Has anyone seen OL/DL/LB get hurt besides miss the remainder of the game?

StoneCalf 07-07-2013 05:38 PM

I'm glad there are those seeing some injuries, however I've only had one through 9 games (9 minute quarters). My WR was knocked out for the game, but that's it. Frequency of injuries on my team are much less than previous versions in my experience.

As in years past, the CPU seems to have plenty of injuries coming into the games against me. Usually I see 1-3 significant (missing the game) injuries on the opposing CPU team when I check.

speedy43 07-07-2013 05:49 PM

Are the presentation of injuries better? I know there were several times before that one of my players would be injured and I wouldn't even know it until the next drive or even quarter.

okstate19 07-07-2013 07:43 PM

I actually like the way injuries are compared to how they were in the past. They still need some work, but I'm no longer seeing skill players get injured on nearly every drive.

I'm 6 games into my dynasty and have seen on average 1-2 injuries per game. Some were for multiple weeks and some were just for a quarter, etc. During my game vs. K-State, I actually hurt their 2nd AND 3rd string QB's. (Their 1st string QB was already out for 4 weeks going into the game.) Luckily, the 3rd string QB didn't go down until late in the 4th quarter and they didn't have to struggle all game with a WR or CB at QB.

I saw two new injury cut scenes as well. I thought that was cool. One of them I remember specifically, the player was on the ground, with the head coach and rest of coach staff crouched down talking to him. There was another one that I had never seen before, but the exact animation/scenario of what happened escapes me right now.

I still wish injuries happened to linemen more often. But I'll take this year's injury mechanics compared to past years for sure. It seemed like my QB/RB would get injured in the redzone on nearly every single drive in years past.