Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide... (/forums/showthread.php?t=641499)

RaychelSnr 07-08-2013 11:26 AM

Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide...

If you are still trying to decide upon a dynasty team or if you are completely new to the college game, we have written some dynasty getting started guides for each major conference and for some BCS busters.

Each guide contains the team's systems they run in real-life as well as some positives and negatives about each as a dynasty destination:

AAC
ACC
Big Ten
Big 12
Independents
Pac 12
SEC
BCS Busters

DorianDonP 07-08-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide...

Florida State Seminoles
Offense: Multiple (HB, 3 WR, TE)
Defense: 4-3

(+) HB Mario Freeman should be the face of the 'Noles at season's end.
(+) LB Christian Jones returns from an All-Conference year in '12 to lead the defense.
(-) A freshman at quarterback may be the weak link of the team.
(-) The loss of big-name NFL draft picks on the defensive line will be tough to ignore.

I think you combined Mario Pender (#7 RS freshman) with Devonta Freeman (#8 Junior).

In either event, I think James Wilder will be the teams leading rusher. Good guide though. I'm enjoying reading through it.

jmik58 07-08-2013 12:12 PM

@DorianDonP ... good catch! Thanks.

michfan16 07-08-2013 12:53 PM

Great Guide

bballsoccergreg 07-08-2013 01:51 PM

Love most of your guide. GT's secondary is actually one of the ACC's best though. Team's D was greatly improved after Al Groh was fired and GT finished off the season very well defensively.

TBJ601 07-08-2013 02:08 PM

Great guide! Thanks for sharing

UH53 07-08-2013 02:15 PM

There needs to be a correction with UF's offense. They don't run a spread anymore. They're a pro style offense with a heavy run emphasis. Brent Pease, who came from Boise St, has multiple sets, one back, I-form, pistol, etc, but the Spread offense isn't one of them. I've also been playing the early release and of what I've seen so far they have the best playbook IMO. I'm a USC guy but I really like the diversity that their playbook has and if anyone's looking for a good playbook to use in custom playbook, I'd highly recommend theirs.

der juicen 07-08-2013 02:17 PM

Vanderbilt Commodores
Offense: Multiple (HB, 3 WR, TE)
Defense: 4-3

(+) Jordan Matthews leads the best wide receiver group in the SEC.
(+) Seeking the rare feat of back-to-back bowl game appearances.
(-) Lucky breaks from 2012 won't mean much inside your console.
(-) Bottom line is they lack overall talent and depth to build on last year's success.

In my opinion, I believe Vanderbilt got a little snubbing in the ratings this year. Still fun to beat people online with them.