Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Help me out please (/forums/showthread.php?t=642099)

RoundingThird 07-10-2013 12:05 PM

Help me out please

Okay, after the release of NCAA 14, my interest in buying it has spiked up exponentially. I have one simple question: Should I buy it today, or wait 4 weeks after I come back from a vacation? This is now a big issue, because I really want the game and have a week and a half before I leave. Should I play it now to develop an idea of overall gameplay then start going hardcore when I get back or just wait all together? Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated, but if I do get it, is has to be in the next 12 hours or so, because I have a deal at GameStop to get it half off.

Neverwhere 07-10-2013 12:09 PM

Re: Help me out please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Po1soNNN (Post 2045226109)
Okay, after the release of NCAA 14, my interest in buying it has spiked up exponentially. I have one simple question: Should I buy it today, or wait 4 weeks after I come back from a vacation? This is now a big issue, because I really want the game and have a week and a half before I leave. Should I play it now to develop an idea of overall gameplay then start going hardcore when I get back or just wait all together? Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated, but if I do get it, is has to be in the next 12 hours or so, because I have a deal at GameStop to get it half off.

The answer to your question lies in the "half off" portion, imho.

nwfdwill 07-10-2013 12:10 PM

I think one question at hand to help answer your question would be to ask you what mode(s) do you play most in the game? Also, is a 100% accurate (or relatively close) roster something that you must have in order to do a dynasty?

RoundingThird 07-10-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwfdwill (Post 2045226130)
I think one question at hand to help answer your question would be to ask you what mode(s) do you play most in the game? Also, is a 100% accurate (or relatively close) roster something that you must have in order to do a dynasty?

I play mainly dynasty, time split between offline and online. I figure if I get it now, then I can't really find an up to date roster, so I can just start a new one when a good roster comes out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverwhere (Post 2045226126)
The answer to your question lies in the "half off" portion, imho.

That's I thought too. I'll take that into consideration.:)

nwfdwill 07-10-2013 12:16 PM

That's what I do. I play a dynasty to hold me over. The recruiting deal is slightly different this year so it is a bit of an adjustment. Also, the "Infinity Engine 2"...I'm still getting accustomed to some of the controls with the cuts and whatnot when you have the ball.

RoundingThird 07-10-2013 12:19 PM

Sounds good. Looks like I have to find my keys. Thanks man!