Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA 14 Road to Glory Progress Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=642202)

TheAdamKennedy 07-10-2013 05:23 PM

NCAA 14 Road to Glory Progress Thread

I noticed we didn't really have a RTG progress thread yet, and I have a story that simply had to share.

I just suffered a devastating heart break in RTG.

In my Sophomore season as a Pocket QB with San Jose State (3-0), we were having a back-and-fourth game with Oregon State (3-0). At the time we were both in the Top 30 of the Coaches and Media Poll (both teams were "also receiving votes", but neither of us in the Top 25).

We are down by 3 with 1:30 to go and no timeouts left. I march us down the field, making sure to wind the clock down (but not too much) because the computer loves to score really quick at the end of halves when I supersim. So I get us in position, and we score the go-ahead touchdown to take a 35-31 lead with 10 seconds left.

Then I make the mistake of starting the supersim, thinking we've got it in the bag... instead, they score a 75-Yard TD on the last play of the game and win 38-35. A few weeks later, they are 6-0 and the #16 team in the country.

Feels bad man.

I think in the future, if I find myself in a similar situation, I'll just watch the game unfold. I bet those 10 seconds would have run-off in the kick-return.