Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Do all XBOX versions of ESPN do this? (/forums/showthread.php?t=64249)

AuburnAlumni 12-21-2003 07:24 PM

Do all XBOX versions of ESPN do this?

So I got an XBOX for ESPN College Hoops and Knights of the Old Republic....

Well...I already own ESPN NFL for PS2. But I decided to rent it for XBOX just to check it out.

When I load up the game...play a game...I'm usually able to get about 3 plays done..before the sound starts messing up, then I can't hike the ball....then it freezes.

This is the only game that it does it on. Is this a bug that a lot of XBOX NFL folks have gotten? Is it a messed up disk from Blockbuster? What gives?

Any advice would be great.

Jon22 12-21-2003 07:35 PM

Re: Do all XBOX versions of ESPN do this?

Thats a ludacris question. nope my game doesn't

AuburnAlumni 12-21-2003 08:37 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

....damn dude...that's a bit harsh.

From what I gathered..a ton of folks were getting DDE, etc. on XBox games. So I don't think my question is that crazy.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

ThatCanadianGuy 12-21-2003 08:44 PM

Probally a bad disk. I've rented the game for a few days before and it didn't do that once. That was on my launch Xbox.

JamesH 12-21-2003 08:48 PM

On the team select screen ... do the team helmets and jerseys load up as soon as soon as you cycle through them or do you have to wait a second or 2?

If you have to wait it's most likely an issue with your XBOX. A lot of the first wave of XBOX's that were released have crappy DVD-ROM drives.

Certain games may seem to load smoother ... it all depends on how often the game loads something off the DVD. In this case, ESPN NFL loads sounds and cutscenes from the DVD after every play.

That DVD drive is most likely the culprit. Get a new XBOX or look up one of those XBOX repair sites to replace the DVD drive yourself.

e0820 12-21-2003 08:54 PM

So I got an XBOX for ESPN College Hoops and Knights of the Old Republic....

Well...I already own ESPN NFL for PS2. But I decided to rent it for XBOX just to check it out.

When I load up the game...play a game...I'm usually able to get about 3 plays done..before the sound starts messing up, then I can't hike the ball....then it freezes.

This is the only game that it does it on. Is this a bug that a lot of XBOX NFL folks have gotten? Is it a messed up disk from Blockbuster? What gives?

Any advice would be great.

I have played about 30 games of ESPN Football on the XBOX. Did not have any problems until last night. It seemed like 1/2 the sound was gone,, no announcers, no crowd noise. I hit pause and went back into the game and the sound came back. I thought maybe there was a smudge on the disc or something so I wasnt phased by it. Then this morning playing Inside Drive 2003 and the same thing happend, 1/2 the sound went out again. I paused and it came back. I am guessing its something with my XBOX, its not in a well venilated area so I was wondering if maybe dust or heat caused it to go out? I have had my XBOX since March 2003 and this is the first signs of any problems. (Good thing I got the 2 year warranty)

Millennium 12-21-2003 10:10 PM

....damn dude...that's a bit harsh.

From what I gathered..a ton of folks were getting DDE, etc. on XBox games. So I don't think my question is that crazy.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

Do you own an original Xbox (from launch?). Alot of these, including mine, had issues with the disc drive, the only way to fix that problem is to send it to Microsoft (and if you bitch enough, it will be free, just tell them you know there was an issue with the original series of Xbox's).

AuburnAlumni 12-21-2003 10:35 PM

My XBox is practically brand new...I bought it on the launch day of ESPN College Hoops...excuse to get a Box I guess.

Anyway...The game loads fine, starts fine, etc. What happens is that after about 1-2 min of playing an actual game...half of the sound will go away, as in no announcers, and no QB barking out signals. When this happens, I also can't hike the ball. I can audible, etc...but it wll just run the clock down and I get a penalty.

I'll be renting it again soon to make sure. But I haven't had any other problems with any other games.