Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tips on Running a Realistic Service Academy Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=643130)

BCScreamingEagles 07-13-2013 04:42 PM

Tips on Running a Realistic Service Academy Dynasty

So I want to start a dynasty with either Army, Navy or Air Force but I want to kinda keep it realistic as I advance thru the years. By this I mean that these schools will never be sending tons of kids to the NFL and they most likely wont turn into dynasties and win multiple national championships as most recruits do not come to the school for this.

A couple of my ideas include not red shirting players as I know service academies do not do that but other than that I am not positive what to do in regards to recruiting restrictions etc. (possibly only recruit 2 star players and less)

So basically in this thread I was hoping people could share ideas on how to make a service academy dynasty realistic within the NCAA video game series (specifically 14)

tigerfan2 07-13-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Tips on Running a Realistic Service Academy Dynasty

I am not 100% sure but I believe navy and Air Force have size requirements but like I said not 100%.

thelasthurtknee 07-13-2013 05:02 PM

I never redshirt anyone but sometimes it happens when they dont play. So I just cut them after rs junior year. I allow 3 3 star players a year. Reduce as u want but thats about tue most one has signed in real life in a season. No jucos! And never cut anyone. So u are forced to sign only what u have room for. Cut walkons. There is a weight rule in real life but I dont use in game. One thing u can do with three stars is u can only recruit If they have academics in top three on the bonus screen. Something like that should very u between getting one two or three to start.

Chedapalooza 07-13-2013 05:13 PM

This is cool I like these self imposed restrictions to
Make certain aspects in dynasty more realistic. Some thoughts of mine are:

Definitely figure out the height/weight req. for West Point or anapolis, etc. should be easy to find online. Only recruit players that fit. This will def make recruiting an interesting task

I like the academics idea, only recruit guys who have it as high or most

I think given those two rules u should be able to limit the talent u get. IF u wanted to u could limit it to 3 star players and lower. There are some decent rates guys from time to time to go thru these programs..

I saw an idea that if you choose to move to another school as coach, u can only move to a team that has one star higher prestige, or the same or lower star prestige as the school you're leaving. Ie- u leave a 2 star school and u can only take jobs from 3 star or lower. EXCEPTION-> if u get fired u have to go to same level school or lower, u cannot move up prestige school if u get fired!

Since service academies r 'national' u can recruit using the guidelines above and from any state.

But for any other school u go to, you can only recruit from;

A) your home state
B) pipeline states
C) states that border your home state
D) states that border your pipeline states (optional)
E) any interested player from any state (optional you must be in their top 3)

thelasthurtknee 07-13-2013 05:26 PM

Might also be possible to reduce any player u sign to that weight and maybe with the new game engine it will reduce there power some and actually matter for once. Then it wouldnt be as big od a deal in recruiting. U will have to adjust weight after each offseson also as they put weight on.

BCScreamingEagles 07-13-2013 05:35 PM

I really like the academic rule. I was going to only recruit 3 star and less but im gonna try the academic thing first as that should be really interesting