Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell (/forums/showthread.php?t=643139)

GruffyMcGuiness 07-13-2013 05:39 PM

NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell

3rd and 12. Conservative tackling. Failed tackles by both of my impact players and the bullcrap dragging animation. 13 yards later... Default AA

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kTZws-lTxt0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

DarkOutFront 07-13-2013 05:41 PM

Re: NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell

Looks about right... Especially the score of the Syracuse game.

GruffyMcGuiness 07-13-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkOutFront (Post 2045240305)
Looks about right... Especially the score of the Syracuse game.

I'll also throw in the fact that BC beat USC pretty bad and Nevada beat FSU

BloNByU1418 07-13-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness (Post 2045240301)
3rd and 12. Conservative tackling. Failed tackles by both of my impact players and the bullcrap dragging animation. 13 yards later... Default AA

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kTZws-lTxt0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

This and every quarterback is Joe Montana no matter who you play and you have it about right.
On the flip side I score at will

But really... I play on Heisman and usually as Ohio State. As I played a season on 13, if I played FCS East it was a 70-0 blowout, the top teams always gave me a close game, win or lose, and every now and then even a B1G would give me fits. Fairly realistic. This year I get dominated in TOP no matter who I play and even FCS East puts up 21 on me. I have yet to lose, but really, not a single 3 and out against FCS EAST???? I'm going to really have to play with the preferences..:brickwall

PS. Long time reader, first time poster :headbang2 :cheers:

PSS. This D thing is so bad it drove me to post....

GruffyMcGuiness 07-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloNByU1418 (Post 2045240546)
This and every quarterback is Joe Montana no matter who you play and you have it about right.

But really... I play on Heisman and usually as Ohio State. As I played a season on 13, if I played FCS East it was a 70-0 blowout, the top teams always gave me a close game, win or lose, and every now and then even a B1G would give me fits. Fairly realistic. This year I get dominated in TOP no matter who I play and even FCS East puts up 21 on me. I have yet to lose, but really, not a single 3 and out against FCS EAST???? I'm going to really have to play with the preferences..:brickwall

First post? Awesome, welcome to OS! Something really needs to be done about pass defense on 14.

The JareBear 07-13-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloNByU1418 (Post 2045240546)

Default heisman? If so, that's not much of a challenge

threattonature 07-13-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness (Post 2045240301)

Did you use the right stick to tackle? I had that problem earlier in the game cause I was used to going for big hits. Once I stopped going for big hits and squared up for hits I became A LOT more consistent tackling wise.

GruffyMcGuiness 07-13-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threattonature (Post 2045240580)
Did you use the right stick to tackle? I had that problem earlier in the game cause I was used to going for big hits. Once I stopped going for big hits and squared up for hits I became A LOT more consistent tackling wise.

Yup, using X. Dunno what the problem is...