Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Career Path (Dynasty mode) (/forums/showthread.php?t=643142)

noles367 07-13-2013 05:57 PM

Career Path (Dynasty mode)

This year in my dynasty I will be trying to plan out an actual career path, rather than accepting the best offer every offseason. I will be starting out as a level 1 OC at 1* Eastern Michigan

My goal is basically to become the Nick Saban of the future:

1) OC at EMU

2) OC at a mid level school (NC State, Cal, Purdue)

3) OC at big name school (USC, Bama, Ohio State)

4) Head Coach at a historic but down school (Penn State, UCLA, Tennessee)

5) Head Coach of a powerhouse school

That's just kind of a general outline. I also have a few rules I'd like to follow. Like leaving the school if my Head Coach gets fired or promoted. Also imposing sanctions like losing scholarships at some point in my HC career.

I'm looking for other ideas to help make a career path that is somewhat realistic and fun.

Skulletor 07-13-2013 06:53 PM

Re: Career Path (Dynasty mode)

right now there could be a problem with #4 and #5. coaches don't get fired unless they string together a few sub 500 seasons, 7-6 at a power house gets CPU coaches an extension

thedudedominick 07-13-2013 06:59 PM

I had planned on doing this for mine, but after two seasons at ULL as the OC and two ULL HC leaving for bigger jobs I took over as the HC at ULL in year 3. I'm about to finish up year 1 there and have to decide if I want to stick around or take a job at a bigger school.

It is pretty cool though moving straight from OC to HC at the school you are already coaching. You have a system in place and don't have to change a ton.

Skulletor 07-13-2013 07:42 PM

so far I've done

started as OC at NMSU, got offered a OC job at FIU
one season at FIU got me a HC for UAB
2 seasons at UAB got me a HC at Oregon State
just started my 3rd season at OSU today, unfortunately i'm not sure there are any other jobs available

thedudedominick 07-13-2013 07:44 PM

You will get offered jobs at big schools. Va Tech and Georgia just offered me jobs from my position at ULL as HC. Beamer retired and Richt got fired.

reyes the roof 07-13-2013 08:19 PM

My plan was to start as DC for a 3 star school and try and turn that in to a HC job at big school that had been struggling. I was DC at UCLA but I got too frustrated with my offense never taking any time off the clock that I started over as HC at Texas State