Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruiting WTF?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=643171)

Slider6 07-13-2013 07:51 PM

Recruiting WTF?!

This has happened multiple times to me, but I finally decided to ask about it.

I'm simming games and recruiting while I wait for rosters to come out. Anyway, I'm playing as Miami in year 3 of the dynasty starting week 8. Among other players, I'm recruiting a TE and was in a tight battle with Alabama. After advancing to week 8, there are now 5 other teams within 1000 points. These 5 teams jumped up +1735, +1380, +1950 (Marshall), +2725 (Hawaii?!), and +1735 (Iowa State). I'm pumping 700 points plus 380 bonus points per week into this guy. None of the 5 teams had a visit with him.

So, what happened? How are these teams able to gain so many points in 1 week (3800 in Hawaii's case)??

MU ATO 07-13-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Recruiting WTF?!

If he's a smart TE he will come run with the Thundering Herd!

JoedicyMichael 07-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slider6 (Post 2045240722)
This has happened multiple times to me, but I finally decided to ask about it.

I'm simming games and recruiting while I wait for rosters to come out. Anyway, I'm playing as Miami in year 3 of the dynasty starting week 8. Among other players, I'm recruiting a TE and was in a tight battle with Alabama. After advancing to week 8, there are now 5 other teams within 1000 points. These 5 teams jumped up +1735, +1380, +1950 (Marshall), +2725 (Hawaii?!), and +1735 (Iowa State). I'm pumping 700 points plus 380 bonus points per week into this guy. None of the 5 teams had a visit with him.

So, what happened? How are these teams able to gain so many points in 1 week (3800 in Hawaii's case)??

Im thinking it has something to do with "The Closer" Perk being that at week 8 - the rest of the season, you get more points. Maybe, but im not for sure. Has to be something else. :confused:

Strategizer 07-13-2013 08:58 PM

Were they locked out? I know you get a big bonus when you unlock a recruit.

mjavon 07-13-2013 11:58 PM

Visits can generate over 1000 points. That wouldn't explain five teams making that big of a jump in one week though...

DataBull 07-14-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjavon (Post 2045241534)
Visits can generate over 1000 points. That wouldn't explain five teams making that big of a jump in one week though...

It isn't visits. I'm going through season one with USF. I was building up a nice lead on one player, and WKU gets +1300 or something one week. I can't remember if they gave him a scholarship offer, but they did not give him a visit for sure. I can tell you that when I give a scholarship offer the guy doesn't jump that much. So I'm rather perplexed how this is happening.

As an aside, how does a team like Alabama skyrocket past me? They will have around the same number of "bonus" points as me, and all of a sudden when they show interest they rocket up the board.

I'd be ok with this if I could make big jumps on a player that I haven't been recruiting, but it doesn't work that way for my team. Something screwy going on here.

kunner 07-14-2013 01:12 AM

I am just firing up NCAA right now, but I can tell you from my stand point, that if I was being recruited by a team like USF, which might be a school Im really looking into, suddenly I receive interest from a team like Alabama, that naturally, my interest would shoot more toward them than the smaller school from strictly a competitive aspect

Strategizer 07-14-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataBull (Post 2045241548)
It isn't visits. I'm going through season one with USF. I was building up a nice lead on one player, and WKU gets +1300 or something one week. I can't remember if they gave him a scholarship offer, but they did not give him a visit for sure. I can tell you that when I give a scholarship offer the guy doesn't jump that much. So I'm rather perplexed how this is happening.

As an aside, how does a team like Alabama skyrocket past me? They will have around the same number of "bonus" points as me, and all of a sudden when they show interest they rocket up the board.

I'd be ok with this if I could make big jumps on a player that I haven't been recruiting, but it doesn't work that way for my team. Something screwy going on here.

Saban has the skill where he can put 600 points into a recruit at a time instead of just 500 I believe.