Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How to run the 2 QB system? (/forums/showthread.php?t=643235)

Braedan 07-14-2013 12:09 AM

How to run the 2 QB system?

In my dynasty, I have 2 similar rated QB's, one a scrambler and one more balanced. I want to run the 2 QB system without having to set then in certain formations and without having to go to the depth chart every 5 plays. How can I do this?

BearClaw 07-14-2013 12:13 AM

Re: How to run the 2 QB system?

Aren't formation packages how QB by committee works?

thedudedominick 07-14-2013 12:14 AM

I also think if you just call plays by formation you can do a package sub with backup QB.

In NCAA 13 I always ran a 2 QB system with a pocket passer under center and a scrambler out of the gun.

mjavon 07-14-2013 12:14 AM

Could use packages. Just flick the right stick left or right in the playbook until it says 'Backup QB'.

Otherwise you could use formation subs on the team management tab (not in-game). That way you could have your option qb in for spread/option type formations and your pocket qb in for pro-style formations.

dat boi Q 07-14-2013 02:07 AM

Set your formation subs. It the best way to do it.
I am using a two back system with Nebraska and it works fine and Can also change them at the play screen.

PhillyPhanatic 07-14-2013 02:25 AM

Put him in as a "formation sub" for Read Option and regular option plays

zmcman1 07-14-2013 02:31 AM

If I have two similar rated guys, I usually use the faster guy in redzone situations. Similar to how UF used Leak/Tebow and OU with Jones/Bell.

Just tab over to "Backup QB" when you want to use him.

Dizezed 07-14-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjavon (Post 2045241574)
Could use packages. Just flick the right stick left or right in the playbook until it says 'Backup QB'.

Otherwise you could use formation subs on the team management tab (not in-game). That way you could have your option qb in for spread/option type formations and your pocket qb in for pro-style formations.

Woah, woah, I haven't seen this since 2011. This was my favorite part about playing on offense. Please tell me you're not just assuming it's in there but it actually is in there.