Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing Dynasty with Player Lock (/forums/showthread.php?t=643271)

Rumplebeanskin 07-14-2013 06:27 AM

Playing Dynasty with Player Lock

I've been tinkering with the demo and enjoying what I've found. Not altered the sliders but a lot of people on here have with positive results so I'm sure if I take the plunge and buy NCAA 14 I'll enjoy it.

One thing I have been doing on the demo is position locking to just one guy on O and one guy on D and playing like that with the position specific camera all game (granted, only rubbish 3 minute quarters). I've had a blast at MLB, RB, CB, RB, SS and TE. Enjoyed them all really, didn't find the CPU AI too bad (tho Bama sacked my QB a lot, was hard to say if that's because nobody was open or the AI was too dumb to throw the ball to someone).

I wanted to ask if anyone else played their Dynasty this way? Gives it a RTG element I guess, but without relying on the AI for managing your programme and calling plays. Anyone with any tips, feedback, suggestions, or issues with playing a dynasty with player lock in their experience, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Rumplebeanskin 07-15-2013 04:32 AM

Re: Playing Dynasty with Player Lock

Honestly thought there would be some people who played like this!

Having played some more games using the position specific camera, can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the camera movement more gradual? Sometimes it will swing quite wildly from side to side (usually as a player gets close to you, or a pass is thrown) and it can be difficult to position yourself well to make a play.

NoleFan 07-15-2013 06:35 AM

Re: Playing Dynasty with Player Lock

I play coach mode but have dabbled in player lock. It's definitely a fun way to play. As far as the camera goes, you can still have player lock without the camera changes by turning off player lock in the visual settings. Credit goes to Skyboxer for that one because I had no idea that was even possible. It lets me play coach mode while maintaining the default camera as I lock onto the left tackle on offense and the FS on defense.