Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=643645)

NDAlum 07-15-2013 02:47 PM

NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

This thread is for impressions only

This is not for a discussion back and forth about aspects of the game.

The PATCH referred to in the title is the RELEASE DAY PATCH.

The game was relased on Day 1, right? Therefore it's post-day 1 patch. The patch was very small and did not do anything noticeable to game play. There has been no new information with regards to a patch at this time.

Thank you. Keep the thread to impressions, not about the title of this thread. If you need further clarification just PM me.

dghustla 07-15-2013 03:11 PM

Re: NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

there is a new patch out? what does it address?

hazelhood19 07-15-2013 03:49 PM

Please let there be a patch coming....

PVarck31 07-15-2013 03:54 PM

This is is referring to the disc based version of the game. There was a patch day one.

Basically this is the retail version impressions thread.

o Elevate o 07-15-2013 04:12 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought that patch was to remove the Aaron Hernandez card from NFUT (replacing him with Alex Smith). At least, that's what I read somewhere...

Flightwhite24 07-15-2013 04:14 PM

Confusing title

ABR173rd 07-15-2013 04:16 PM

The patch I got the day I inserted the disc was roughly 35mb so I doubt it only was for removing Aaron Hernandez.

fballturkey 07-15-2013 04:21 PM

I really liked the season ticket version and I really like the disc version as well. Playing against the CPU things feel pretty much right in regards to gameplay.

Dynasty is much better with the new recruiting system. I spend a couple minutes each week doing that as opposed to 20 before. No more doing the same phone calls every week, thank god, and if I don't want to change anything I just don't. Coaching bonuses are pretty cool, not game changing but a nice bonus. The legacy issue of good players going unrecruited till late is still there. It seems less prevalent though.

Regarding online play in general, it's a rough transition from 0-lag CPU play to somewhat laggy online play. It's not too bad most of the time. Defense does need to be tuned for online play though. It's very obvious that the default settings are different between online and offline play, especially with INTs which happen much more offline (too much almost) than online, even on identical plays.

UT is good but I can't believe this isn't the first UT mode they've ever made when I look at the UI. Players have to be on your roster to send to collections or auction? No trading? No games against friends (even as exhibitions)? No notice that a card is in a collection or alternatively that you have a card in a collection when you're looking at that collection? This is all stuff they figured out on older games and it seems like they unnecessarily started all over with UT. I think this stuff would actually make me more angry had I played the other UT modes more and gotten used to the better UIs in those older games.

Getting past the UI though I do like UT. Building a team is fun, the challenges are dull at first but get better, online games are offense-fests but with 3 minute quarters I don't know what else they could do.

A couple other things on gameplay in general. I don't notice any difference between the season ticket version and this one. That's mostly a good thing. Defenders jump routes sometimes (more against CPU than online) which keeps you a little honest. Running is better now with infinity engine, and a lot of the hits look really cool.

Overall if you're a fan of the series it's a definite buy. If you're a fan of sports games in general it's still a buy. If you don't like sports games it won't change your mind.