Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anyway to stop DBs from bumping WRs in Cover 2 man? (/forums/showthread.php?t=643793)

Madwolf 07-15-2013 11:38 PM

Anyway to stop DBs from bumping WRs in Cover 2 man?

Been pretty frustrated with the defense so far. Zone doesn't work at all, and thanks to my outside DBs pressing the WRs, even without being told, they'll get burned occasionally, then the WRs will get hot and the problem is multiplied.

I've found that you can overcome this by switching to each CB and backing them off a tad, which will fix the problem, but that leaves me less time to micromanage the rest of my defense. If I back them off using the coverage options it puts them too far back and the WRs can make plays underneath.

Is there anyway to prevent them from pressing the outside WRs? Or is this a bug we should report?

Madwolf 07-22-2013 07:46 PM

Re: Anyway to stop DBs from bumping WRs in Cover 2 man?

Anyone have an answer to this?

The JareBear 07-22-2013 07:47 PM

Wow, so no matter what formation you call 2Man out of your CBs always bump and run?

That's odd, that doesn't happen for me. I use the multiple D playbook, for what its worth....

Madwolf 07-22-2013 08:12 PM

Using the default 4-3 defensive playbook. This is on the PS3.

realhiphop 07-22-2013 09:00 PM

On 360 and I use that playbook. Use the bump to your advantage. Manually pull your safeties down and slightly towards the outside. If your corners have a good press rating, the receivers will have a hard time getting off the line. Even if your corners get beat, if they are running a streak or the over powered corner route, you safeties will be in great position for picks. This also helps you get coverage sacks.

priam11 07-22-2013 09:28 PM

Unless your safeties let them blow right by like mine seem to do.