Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lack of Recruit diversity (skill template not color) (/forums/showthread.php?t=644270)

dghustla 07-17-2013 12:13 PM

Lack of Recruit diversity (skill template not color)

Does anyone else feel that in the last 2 years of NCAA the recruiting diversity has taken a step back? I'm referring to the recruit template of skill and body size. What I've noticed that last 2 years is that every year the top prospect is an ATH who is 5'11/5'10 with 98 speed. Is an 81 overall, can be a great CB or WR and has just enough wiggle and carry to be a RB.

The templates seemed to have been scaled back and generate identical classes almost year after year. I remember the prior years before EA revamped the Athletes you never knew what to expect the first time you opened the top-100 in preseason. I can recall getting crazy years where 3 of the top 10 players were all in 1 position i.e. RBs,QBs, DTs, DE, T. You could really look at a class and say this is a great year for X-position. Now every class has the same balance. The #1 Recruit is never a Tackle,DT,DE,QB which seem to be the most dominate trends in real life recruiting. The #1 Recruits at their position often do not match their real life counter parts. The #1 RB usually is around 225 and have a NFL-type build. The #1 WR is usually 6'4+ and posses a distinct physical advantage over other players his age. I rarely every see 5* DEs and Tackles which in the spread era is basically the backbone of the team (outside of QB of course).

Is anyone else seeing different results or is this the status quo in your dynasties also?

edit; Just thinking back I remember years where the top player was a once in a generation beast MLB, what ever happened to that?

moylan1234 07-17-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Lack of Recruit diversity (skill template not color)

I've only done about a half season of recruiting, but in that one particularly for the WR position there just wasn't enough height variety for me it seemed like 90% of receivers were between 5-10 and 6-2 and the rest were 6-3 plus. I like the short receivers and couldn't find one below 5-10 from California anyway

JLoco11 07-17-2013 01:25 PM

Oddly enough, most of the nations top recruits have suddenly become 2 way players. Mobile QB's who play CB also. Speedy receivers who return kicks and play shut down corners.

I personally do not like seeing all the 5 star prospects at Ath, but I know getting them on the team is going to help.

In my offline dynasty, I have 9 5* Ath and only 6 TOTAL defensive 5* players.

Online there were 14 5* Ath and not a single Linebacker, DE, or CB was 5*.

dghustla 07-17-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLoco11 (Post 2045256693)
Oddly enough, most of the nations top recruits have suddenly become 2 way players. Mobile QB's who play CB also. Speedy receivers who return kicks and play shut down corners.

I personally do not like seeing all the 5 star prospects at Ath, but I know getting them on the team is going to help.

In my offline dynasty, I have 9 5* Ath and only 6 TOTAL defensive 5* players.

Online there were 14 5* Ath and not a single Linebacker, DE, or CB was 5*.

This! I'm steering away from recruiting WRs any more. Just recruiting Athletes because they actually have some Elusiveness and break tackle traits.