Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   To buy the game or not to buy the game... (/forums/showthread.php?t=644378)

JZoc1014 07-17-2013 04:31 PM

To buy the game or not to buy the game...

That is the question lol Seriously though i have NCAA 11 or 12 and dont want to buy this game just because it appears to be the last one they will be making. Is it actually worth the money? Thanks

dingleberryfinn 07-17-2013 04:44 PM

Re: To buy the game or not to buy the game...

If your'e an Old Dominion fan, then yes, you must have this game! lol
but srsly, I have to have it every year, even if it means eatin'
a lot of PB&J, baloney sammiches & ramen noodles, just to save up for it.

videogamelover 07-17-2013 04:46 PM

You have to Buy NCAA 14 because NCAA decided not to renew the license with EA, that means no more NCAA games after this year, it also means Madden gets more watch and new stuff due to NCAA using up Madden's development time.

USNAggie44 07-17-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by videogamelover (Post 2045257898)
You have to Buy NCAA 14 because NCAA decided not to renew the license with EA, that means no more NCAA games after this year, it also means Madden gets more watch and new stuff due to NCAA using up Madden's development time.

He doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not the last for sure

lions2k9 07-17-2013 04:51 PM

For me it was worth paying the $60, because I took advantage of the $25 gift card you get for Toys R Us. I'm probably getting Madden, so i'll just get it for $35. I may end up selling ncaa and getting Madden for free possibly. So in this situation, yes. If i'm buying it and not getting any sort of deal with it of some kind, then no it isn't worth just $60. In my opinion though, most games are not worth that much. No NCAA or Madden has been worth $60 this generation.

It is a good game of football though! Best NCAA game of this generation by far. Best gameplay i've experienced this generation for football games.

lendog691 07-17-2013 04:57 PM

I never buy a new sports game anymore, i make sure i get it used or have enough for a trade in. I mean since they don't test the games to much anymore and have the public do it, it's my right not to buy it new, uselessly about 2 months after it comes out so at least the first patch is out by then.

Flightwhite24 07-17-2013 05:18 PM

My advice would be to rent it/download the demo and form your own opinion

shaun007miller 07-17-2013 06:01 PM

It was just announced on ESPN that the NCAA has decided not to renew its license with EA Sports, so this could be the last NCAA football game for a while if not ever. EA dropped college baseball and basketball due to the O'Bannon lawsuit and to poor sales from both games, but kept making NCAA football due to the money that they made from it. It's now apparent that the money the NCAA is having to spend on litigation for this lawsuit is just not worth it to lend its name to EA for the game. It looks like the days of college sports games is officially over. Buy the game or keep an eye out for a used copy, but there won't be many of them now.