Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness (/forums/showthread.php?t=644429)

Rainey 07-17-2013 06:38 PM

Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness

Ok, here is how I got a solid team without spending a lot of money like some have to do.

I won't put an order, but just some guidelines. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but these guidelines have helped me big time.

Spend 80 Microsoft points on the gold starter pack. If you can't spend $0.99 how did you spend $59.99 for the game? lol

Never do a quick sell unless it is a terrible bronze player. Always, use the auction house.

Look to get a kicker early. You can get a punter or kicker, but just make sure he has very high power. I got a 99 power kicker, and I can make FG's from 65 yards out. I don't have to worry about guys scoring TD's on kickoffs, and when I punt, I totally change field position.

Build through your defensive line. Try to get superior defensive lineman who can put pressure on the other team and stop the run without forcing you to blitz or play aggressive defense. Dwight Freeney has won 3 or 4 games on his own.

I'll add more later.

lemongorilla 07-17-2013 06:42 PM

Re: Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainey (Post 2045258539)
Ok, here is how I got a solid team without spending a lot of money like some have to do.

I won't put an order, but just some guidelines. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but these guidelines have helped me big time.

Spend 80 Microsoft points on the gold starter pack. If you can't spend $0.99 how did you spend $59.99 for the game? lol

Never do a quick sell unless it is a terrible bronze player. Always, use the auction house.

Look to get a kicker early. You can get a punter or kicker, but just make sure he has very high power. I got a 99 power kicker, and I can make FG's from 65 yards out. I don't have to worry about guys scoring TD's on kickoffs, and when I punt, I totally change field position.

Build through your defensive line. Try to get superior defensive lineman who can put pressure on the other team and stop the run without forcing you to blitz or play aggressive defense. Dwight Freeney has won 3 or 4 games on his own.

I'll add more later.

I knew I shouldn't have quick sold Epic Bo

Rainey 07-18-2013 12:09 AM

lol, I wonder if someone ever did that. Would they get a call from EA? "Are you on drugs sir?"

der juicen 07-18-2013 09:30 AM

I spent a total of 15.00 over two weeksish. That seems to be the least you can buy and make a good team with, without taking too long. Though I did have an 85 ovr team within a couple of days by putting backup players of one position in another where they were higher than the actual starters.

15 bucks is nothing, once you do more, you're just hunting for pack finds.

skins33stud 07-18-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der juicen (Post 2045260591)
I spent a total of 15.00 over two weeksish. That seems to be the least you can buy and make a good team with, without taking too long. Though I did have an 85 ovr team within a couple of days by putting backup players of one position in another where they were higher than the actual starters.

15 bucks is nothing, once you do more, you're just hunting for pack finds.

I disagree here. I've spent $0 and have solely flipped cards and have gotten up to a 94 overall team in the last 4 days. I don't think anyone needs to spend money at all to have a good team. Just play the market.

Rainey 07-18-2013 11:28 AM

I spent a dollar on the gold pack, and since I still had 200 points I used it on an All-Pro Pack (wasn't that great).

Once, you have a decent amount of coins (4000+) you can easily start to play the market. Just remember to have fun playing the game too, there are some guys who do nothing but do auction stuff and barely ever play.

txag2k 07-18-2013 11:57 AM

Good work Rainey! I look forward to more updates :) I'm now down to only keeping 75+ better rated cards since i know I can move them, even if for cheap.

der juicen 07-18-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skins33stud (Post 2045260675)
I disagree here. I've spent $0 and have solely flipped cards and have gotten up to a 94 overall team in the last 4 days. I don't think anyone needs to spend money at all to have a good team. Just play the market.

Though to be fair, not everyone has time to flip on the market. Now when you see people with multiple Heisman and high caliber talent, you have spent too much money.