Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Late game fumbles (/forums/showthread.php?t=64457)

booge 12-23-2003 09:50 PM

Late game fumbles

I play on heismen level. I really enjoy and the competition is good. The only thing that bothers me is that it seems like my players fumble the ball a lot late in the game. It has cost me two games so far both against ranked teams.

skitch 12-23-2003 11:26 PM

Re: Late game fumbles

Yeah, that pisses me off all the time. I'm up by like, a field goal or maybe a TD, and as soon as I try to run the ball to run down the clock, the ball pops loose. I make sure to hold the ball with the correct hand and everything, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Oh well, just something you've got to learn to overcome.

rns 12-23-2003 11:36 PM

True! That me when it happens.

Qb's too. I mean if I call a pass play get rushed and do the safe thing under that circumstance and try to take the sack, he'll fumble. If he's scrambling and I try to slide, chances are he won't slide and will drop it on a dive.

Mizzou23 12-24-2003 11:15 AM

Do you guys think this is some kind of AI Heisman cheat? I play on AA and haven't seen anything like this, but my team has gotten so good that I am thinking about bumping it up to Heisman. But if the AI cheats then I'm not interested.

mazhirui 12-24-2003 12:33 PM

I think it has to do with fatigue. Guys will fumble the ball more often when they're tired, and fatigue is more drastic on Heisman than on AA.

bigman24 12-24-2003 01:48 PM

Nah its the fatigue mostly. Now there are a few games and i know everybody has had them where the computer AI cheats horribly. Its crazy u fumble throw wide open INT's all that mess. Ive experienced a few of those type games on AA myself. But AI does cheat on Heisman with the speed burst and all

fistofrage 12-24-2003 03:07 PM

People say the AI cheats on Heisman...I don't buy it. I have had tons of comebacks against the AI on Heisman...Most memorable I was down to USC 27-0 at half with ND, came back to win 45-42. I just lost to Purdue by 7 with Northwesten when my RB fumbled on the PU 3 with :50 left. It goes both ways. Crazy things happen in real life, they happen in the game too.