Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Insane CPU passing performances (/forums/showthread.php?t=645097)

h0sti1e17 07-20-2013 02:02 PM

Insane CPU passing performances

Has anyone had an issue with the CPU passing game never throwing an incomplete pass? Twice in my season I have had similar passing performances. And they were not by great teams or QBs. I play as Florida, and have defense on Varsity, with CPU passing accuracy at 10, WR catching at 50 and my pass coverage at 80. I generally play DE until the ball is thrown. I mix up blitz, man, zone, cover 2 ect. So they aren't exploitng a defense I use over and over. And of lot f these are down field, not racking up those on screens.

Kentucky went 16/16 to start the game and finished 21 for 24 and Missouri went 28 for 29 and finished 31 for 35. In the Missouri game the only incompletion was a pass when I was about to sack the QB.

Neither team is a passing juggernaut and Florida has a pretty good defense. My other games have been somewhat normal. 16 for 25 in one game, Miami was 19 for 32. I have always been worse at pass defense than run defense in NCAA but not like this. It just seems some games the CPU is crazy good.

LewisCAVS 07-20-2013 02:21 PM

Re: Insane CPU passing performances

It's a big flaw in the game and there are a lot of flaws this year. The worst QB's seem just as good as the games best in terms of accuracy and velocity. Currently I'm doing a Michigan dynasty and playing old dominion and their QB seems to be unstoppable, he's 17 of 19 at the moment.

jejones 07-20-2013 02:33 PM

This may sound weird, but I'm playin on default heismen sliders and the CPU teams always have trouble completing 50% of their passes. Especially the bad teams.

buickbeast 07-20-2013 02:43 PM

Check out the sliders forum. Playing defense is pretty realistic w/ most of them

NateDogPack12 07-20-2013 03:22 PM

I'm a big proponent of sliders, but the OP states he's tweaked them a little bit. The thing is we really don't know what's going on in those lines and lines of code. When you have roughing the kicker altering the quality of run defense, that's indicative of a real problem. So beware when you use sliders because you could be creating a bad situation. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened to OP somehow.

USCRob 07-20-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0sti1e17 (Post 2045267947)
Has anyone had an issue with the CPU passing game never throwing an incomplete pass? Twice in my season I have had similar passing performances. And they were not by great teams or QBs. I play as Florida, and have defense on Varsity, with CPU passing accuracy at 10, WR catching at 50 and my pass coverage at 80. I generally play DE until the ball is thrown. I mix up blitz, man, zone, cover 2 ect. So they aren't exploitng a defense I use over and over. And of lot f these are down field, not racking up those on screens.

Kentucky went 16/16 to start the game and finished 21 for 24 and Missouri went 28 for 29 and finished 31 for 35. In the Missouri game the only incompletion was a pass when I was about to sack the QB.

Neither team is a passing juggernaut and Florida has a pretty good defense. My other games have been somewhat normal. 16 for 25 in one game, Miami was 19 for 32. I have always been worse at pass defense than run defense in NCAA but not like this. It just seems some games the CPU is crazy good.

I think it has to do with the style of offense/offensive philosophy. For example, in my dynasty I started off as D Coor. at Washington State and the quarterbacks (in a Mike Leach air raid offense) would routinely complete high percentage games with plenty of yards. Missouri is a spread passing team and i believe it reflects in game; same with kentucky.

mushtaq 07-22-2013 07:10 AM

Started a Hawaii dynasty on Heisman and in first two games against USC and Oregon State the opp. QB was something like 20/21 and 24/25, and those incompletes were an INT and throw away.

Admittedly an average team against two good teams but I just could not stop passes being completed. Hopefully it's just me being average on pass defence. Anyone got any tips to improve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Buckeye Country 07-22-2013 07:31 AM

Try lowering your pass blocking without getting a crazy amount of sacks. I have been playing on AA and noticed when the QB is pressured he will make some arrant throws. I also have QBA at 10, Wr catching at 40, pass coverage at 100, int at 30 and pass blocking at 65. Not done testing and not perfect, but I am getting okay completion percentages. I also have threshold at 0 and penalty sliders at default. I noticed if you increase the threshold slider pass coverage gets tighter so at 0 it opens it up, which is what your not looking for.

Makes you wonder if ratings even mean anything.