Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No Awareness rating for recruits? (/forums/showthread.php?t=645208)

Swolecat 07-21-2013 03:31 AM

No Awareness rating for recruits?

I started a dynasty, and when I started evaluating the recruits, I noticed none of them have an Awareness rating. Is that a change from last year's game? I know recruits always had an Awareness rating in the past. I went ahead and simulated the entire season to see if an Awareness rating would show up for the recruits who signed with my team, and they did. If this is a change from last year's game, that's fine with me. I just want to make sure it's not a setting or something that I might have changed when setting up my dynasty. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Wahooworld15 07-21-2013 04:27 AM

Re: No Awareness rating for recruits?

It should show up when they are on your team their freshman year

football200414 07-21-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swolecat (Post 2045269684)
I started a dynasty, and when I started evaluating the recruits, I noticed none of them have an Awareness rating. Is that a change from last year's game? I know recruits always had an Awareness rating in the past. I went ahead and simulated the entire season to see if an Awareness rating would show up for the recruits who signed with my team, and they did. If this is a change from last year's game, that's fine with me. I just want to make sure it's not a setting or something that I might have changed when setting up my dynasty. Anyone care to enlighten me?

If you're talking about when you scout/recruit them, awareness DID NOT show up during the recruiting process in NCAA Football 13. Awareness was not revealed until they were on your team that offseason. Rest easy though, awareness only has an effect on the overall rating & performance in simulated games.

Swolecat 07-21-2013 09:46 AM

Ah, I guess I was thinking of 12' then. I just remember that 98% of the recruits were rated D or D-, so I don't know why I even bothered with it. I just wanted to make sure that you aren't supposed to see their awareness during recruiting. Thanks for the help!

majesty95 07-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by football200414 (Post 2045269766)
If awareness only has an effect on the overall rating & performance in simulated games.

That's a common belief but I've seen plenty of threads that suggest otherwise. Especially with blockers. OL, TE and FB use AWR to decide how we'll they pick up their blocks. There's also a belief among some that believe it plays roles in some way with others players as well.