Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Installing Game on HD (PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=645654)

mt9fins 07-23-2013 10:52 AM

Installing Game on HD (PS3)

Is there an option to install the game (however much of it) on your hard drive for the PS3? I've pressed the triangle button before loading the game and there's no option to do so. I know there's plenty of room on my drive because I just deleted most of my content, and then I went as far as formatting the hard drive, but still no luck. I thought installing the game might help with some of the lag issues on the PS3 and make it run a little smoother and faster. Thanks.

wepr3 07-23-2013 02:45 PM

Re: Installing Game on HD (PS3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt9fins (Post 2045277103)
Is there an option to install the game (however much of it) on your hard drive for the PS3? I've pressed the triangle button before loading the game and there's no option to do so. I know there's plenty of room on my drive because I just deleted most of my content, and then I went as far as formatting the hard drive, but still no luck. I thought installing the game might help with some of the lag issues on the PS3 and make it run a little smoother and faster. Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of. I've done the same thing as you, and have plenty of room, but there's no option to install. However, I'm brand new to the PS3, and not sure if there's another way, and/or a reason why you can install some games and not others.

mt9fins 07-23-2013 02:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was afraid of. I know you can do an install on the 360, and I was hoping it might smooth things out on the PS3 if the option was available.

speedy43 07-23-2013 03:35 PM

PS3 doesn't have that option

GKEnialb 08-01-2013 05:09 PM

If you buy the game from the PlayStation store (instead of a disc), then you download it directly to the hard drive. I assume that's too late for you now, though...