Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Moving guys to different positions (/forums/showthread.php?t=645776)

Keyser Soze 07-23-2013 06:32 PM

Moving guys to different positions

In years past we had a house rule in my ODs that you could not move a guy out of his natural position. Example would be not allowed to make really fast FS into a LB because the speed that you can get to the QB is too fast for the CPU and you end up with too many sacks. This year with the running game improvement (years past the CPU couldn't run at all) there seems to be a little bit of a penalty for putting a DB at LB but still wondering if it is cheesy to do that.

What do you all think? What rules do you apply?

Speedy_Bronco 07-23-2013 06:36 PM

Re: Moving guys to different positions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 2045278915)
In years past we had a house rule in my ODs that you could not move a guy out of his natural position. Example would be not allowed to make really fast FS into a LB because the speed that you can get to the QB is too fast for the CPU and you end up with too many sacks. This year with the running game improvement (years past the CPU couldn't run at all) there seems to be a little bit of a penalty for putting a DB at LB but still wondering if it is cheesy to do that.

What do you all think? What rules do you apply?

I don't really apply any rules to it.

Guys moving positions happens every year, with every team.

And I even once heard that one season, Nick Saban actually recruited safeties to play Linebacker, and Linebackers to play Defensive End.

I don't know if that's actually true or not, so don't quote me.

TMJOHNS18 07-23-2013 06:40 PM

In my offline dynasty I do most changes to incoming freshman and let them develop in that position. Haven't really had the chance to see how former DBs react at the LB position but hopefully most can't just move over (unless they are well-rounded enough).

jackster802 07-23-2013 07:23 PM

I usually move slow safeties to Linebacker because most of them will have good tackle ratings.

AustinMG82 07-23-2013 08:21 PM

Played against a kid in a passing camp last week (high school) that was about 5'10" and 150 lbs soaking wet playing DE. The coach said he was a safety last year and they put him there to get a better pass rush. So, not all that unrealistic. It's countered by the fact that they're smaller and OL can eat them for breakfast

dingleberryfinn 07-23-2013 08:35 PM

I'm constantly swapping my FB's & TE's with each other.

44drob 07-23-2013 08:39 PM

i think mainly it fall upon what type of defensive scheme you run

Sublime12089 07-23-2013 08:42 PM

Most house rules for OD's and such are set up by weight limits for the position they are transferring to.