Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Home field advantage on or off? Ncaa 14 (/forums/showthread.php?t=645906)

Chedapalooza 07-24-2013 04:12 AM

Home field advantage on or off? Ncaa 14

Noticing that any game I play with HFA off is always pretty close and exciting, coming down to final few possessions in most cases and feels like real football. When it's on, one team usually just runs away with the game and it's boring (not necessarily the home team). Just wondering everyone thoughts on this. It feels like a waste to disable a feature like this. Especially when there are now coach skills in the tree dedicated to making your players perform better with home field pressure.

DreadedSteeler 07-24-2013 06:25 AM

Re: Home field advantage on or off? Ncaa 14

I've always liked playing with HFA on, but i'm thinking of turning it off this year because it feels like it's reversed. Playing coach mode as Ohio State we are constantly playing from behind at home, even against weak teams. We go on the road and consistantly play well and usually win easily.:confused:

Also for some reason in season 2, the Michigan game is again on the road. Probably a good thing though...

Chedapalooza 07-24-2013 03:41 PM

Bumping for more thoughts

therizing02 07-24-2013 04:03 PM

I play with HFA on and game results have varied from nail biters to straight blow outs.

I really notice when I lose the momentum on the road. If I don't get it back I usually get steamrolled. Took Ohio St to Autzen and played tight for the first half and then lost 41-17. I also notice it in rivalry games. My final game of the season at Michigan is going to be tough, and I know it...and it should be.

I may be in the minority, but I think the HFA and momentum is well done in the game. Surprising because these are usually the type of things that developers "over cook".

heaf1966 07-24-2013 04:29 PM

I have HFA on and have seen both close games won by home (USC over Wash St 44-10, Clemson over Georgia 20-6) and visitors (USF beating Mich State 27-24(OT), Duke over Memphis 43-36). All played cpu vs cpu. USC game was close in the 1st half, MSU was up 24-7 at halftime. Duke/Memphis was a back and forth scorefest. To me HFA is working good this year. Much better that other parts of the game (penalties, PAT glitch).

thelasthurtknee 07-25-2013 09:53 AM

with hfa on i feel that in its a tale of two halfs. sometimes the cpu can do anything they want the first half then nothing after or vs. versus with second half. they seem to change the defensive gameplan to whatever you did the first half and then that leaves the other option open of the O. also its seems to make the cpu either unstoppable or really dumb the last few minutes of each half.

NoleFan 07-25-2013 11:27 AM

I see no reason to turn it off with the 'Road Warrior' coach skill in play now. If the opposing team can't handle you at home then their coach needs to step his game up. :D

BadAssHskr 07-25-2013 11:32 AM

I play with it on. I'm only 2 games deep in my dynasty (both home games), so i haven't really noticed anything amiss with it.

I like the feature, it should be harder, in one way or another, to play on the road.

But hey, who am i to talk, I like the Ice the Kicker feature too.