Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Defending CPU option reads (/forums/showthread.php?t=646215)

Scrollbar 07-25-2013 03:45 AM

Defending CPU option reads

I feel like a newb starting this but dear god, the CPU offence this year and their option read is making me want to tear my hair out. Maybe it's because it was against Ohio State but I wanted to blow my head off.

jebbunks 07-25-2013 03:51 AM

I wish I'd gotten a tougher game from them. I felt guilty beating up on such a good team, but then Northwestern took me to the fourth quarter the game after that. What sliders are you using? I've got to stay up to date with the community Varsity/Heisman sliders and update them again for the online dynasty. UW shouldn't be #2 in the country after only 7 games...

Scrollbar 07-25-2013 04:02 AM

Re: Defending CPU option reads

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebbunks (Post 2045284208)
I wish I'd gotten a tougher game from them. I felt guilty beating up on such a good team, but then Northwestern took me to the fourth quarter the game after that. What sliders are you using? I've got to stay up to date with the community Varsity/Heisman sliders and update them again for the online dynasty. UW shouldn't be #2 in the country after only 7 games...

Im on All American... 0 threshold, slow game speed. CPU pass block 60, runner ability 50. My pass defense is 50

tetoleetd 07-25-2013 04:24 AM

Re: Defending CPU option reads

to stop the read option you need to set your option defense to conservative. this means your DE will always take the rb. so you need to manually control the MLB and go after the qb since he shouldnt hand it off due to the rb being covered.