Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A bitter loss... (/forums/showthread.php?t=64664)

twharry 12-26-2003 11:03 PM

A bitter loss...

I dont know what it is lately, but I am losing sporadically. In my dynasty with MTSU, I am about 6 or 7 seasons in. I have been simming the games and recruiting, waiting to get that special team and take a run at the national title. I was invited into Conference USA and won the conference my first season, and now I am in my 2nd season in CUSA.

I found my QB my first year in CUSA, a 4.67sp 6'2" 205lb A A- stud. I lost the two HBs I was trying to get, so I had to settle for less. I decided to redshirt this guy and hope that I would be able to land the stud RB I needed and have them both start four years.

Well, my 2nd time recruiting didn't turn out any better than the first, so I was forced to go with the 5* finesse RB that I had recruited the year before.

First game was TCU. I opened the game by sacking their QB right and left. My defense is incredibly dominant, and TCU couldnt hang. I was up 17-7 going into the 4th. In the 4th, TCU staged a miracle comeback and wound up winning 20-17 and it's now #3 on my greatest games list.

Second game, we played our rivals from across the street - Vanderbilt. It was a rout, we walked all over them 47-7. Wasn't even close. Vandy is a better team at this point in the dynasty than they were in year 1, but apparently they aren't good enough. 475 yards passing, my QB looked like Michael Vick.

Third game, I played #10 Miami U. I CANNOT STAND Miami U, mainly because seemingly half my law class are Miami U grads. Anyway, I figured it would be fun to beat them.

My defense DOMINATED them. They couldn't move the ball at all. It was three and out back and forth until late in the 2nd quarter, a minute left, Miami hits a WR for 25 yards, putting them in FG range. They ended up kicking a FG to close the half. Miami was up 3-0.

2nd half, I got the ball back (I always defer). I drove the ball all the way down the field, then, on 3rd and goal, I spot my TE in the endzone. I rifled one in his direction, and the MLB comes out of nowhere to pick it off. Three and out, I get the ball back. Deep post route, BAM! Picked again. Three and out, I get the ball back, out route to my slot WR...BAM! picked again.

This happened several times, until late in the 4th, with 45 seconds left, I am inside the 40. I was just playing for the FG, knowing that I would kill them in OT. No timeouts left, I spot my TE on an in route, I rifle it to him. He stretches his arms, tips it, BAM! right into the arms of the MLB. Picked again. Miami ran out the clock and got the 3-0 win.

All totalled, my QB went 4 for 28 - 67 yards, 0 TDs and ***6 INTS!!!***

It's the kind of thing that makes you want to quit the dynasty.

cdawg44 12-26-2003 11:36 PM

Re: A bitter loss...

Jeez, how do you go 4-28? That is the kind of stuff that can tick someone off.

twharry 12-27-2003 12:04 AM

Yeah. Apparently, Miami's defense is solid. I could run on them, but not that much. I had about 100yds rushing.

By the way, your Trojans are about to get the beating of a lifetime at the hands of my alma mater. It's too bad there isn't a playoff, UM would be National Champs.

ODogg 12-27-2003 03:02 AM

I think Michigans the one with its' tail between its legs after USC beats em down. I'm for BIg Ten but I'd like to see the Trojans win cuz screw the BCS!!

twharry 12-27-2003 03:15 AM

OK, so I decided to scrap that dynasty and go back to UToledo. I just love Toledo, so sue me.

Anyway, I was playing game 3 of my first season, and of course we play Pitt. I usually sim my first season and recruit before I play, but I always play Toledo-Pitt because it was the greatest game I ever witnessed.

Well, I have played this game hundreds of times, but I had never heard this before...Late in the 4th, with Toledo up 24-10, the fans start to scream "OVerRAted!!! OVerRAted!!!"

I love it.

Now, if only they could have taken down the posts, it would be perfect.

GridironGamer 12-27-2003 02:00 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
ODogg said:
I think Michigans the one with its' tail between its legs after USC beats em down. I'm for BIg Ten but I'd like to see the Trojans win cuz screw the BCS!!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Damn straight. Needs to be exposed for what it is.

ehh 12-27-2003 03:10 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
twharry said:

Well, my 2nd time recruiting didn't turn out any better than the first, so I was forced to go with the 5* finesse RB that I had recruited the year before.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

It seems VERY hard to recruit RB's this year. In my big dynasty I'm UConn, who has Terry Caulley. I won the Heisman with him 3 straight years, so it's obviously I'm a running team. I couldn't get a Top 100 RB to save my life. None of them. Yet I raked in a Top 5 QB annually. So I was forced to become a passing team. Caulley ended his career as a 98 overall, I'm in 2012 right now (played each season, simmed a few games in conference each year) and haven't had another RB over an 85. Very strange. Yet my QB's right now are a 92 (RS So.), 91 (Jr.) 91 (Sr.). Weird.