Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Receiver Lineup Help??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=647234)

xXTCU___Ph3nom21Xx 07-28-2013 02:59 PM

Receiver Lineup Help???

Hey guys just need some of my recieving core reviewed at the moment. Overall my offense is a 92 with Russell Wilson leading my team as QB and Elite 96 overall Mcfadden as starting RB...heres my problem I have Julio Jones who I just bought from AH and Sidney Rice as my dominant outside recievers. Before I had Dante Stallworth as my slot but he never held on to the ball wpuld completely fumble if hit by right defender...so I tried Titus Young and with his crappy awarness everytime I threw it so him would just fly by his head and hes wide open. Idk if it was Wilsons fault or just bad timing but it happened everytime. So I bought Braylon Edwards his stats are pretty good should I have him in the slot or switch him around with one of my others? I just need dominant slot if my run game gets sticky...Thanks guys:)

crowhop 07-28-2013 03:09 PM

Re: Receiver Lineup Help???

Save up 8000 and get Ryan Broyles. He's the cheapest elite WR. A lot folks spend a lot of money on the speedy guys, but I think route running is better than speed.

Bradkaz96 07-28-2013 06:44 PM

Cheap slot option is Anquan Boldin. Catches everything especially in traffic

michiganfan8620 07-28-2013 09:10 PM

Right now I have Justin Blackmon in the slot, with AJ Green and Julio Jones on the outside. From what I have heard, the best slot option is Percy Harvin, and depending on when you buy, can be found for under 10k, and even under 8k if you are on at the right time. And Harvin doubles up as a great returner, giving even more value. Blackmon is good, but I'd rather have a slot who is a little bit faster and a better ball carrier for reverses/bubble screens.

stratospaly 07-29-2013 08:45 AM

I use Santana Moss at #1 for his 95 speed, Ted Ginn at #2 so I can get his 99 speed 1 on 1 in cover 3 and blitz packages for the deep ball. In the slot I have the 91 OVR 91 speed TE and Heisman Tim Brown. My slot guys can take a beating and still come down with the ball, as well as truck guys for YAC yards. If I need a 5th WR I have Broyles or just audible from 4WR and have DMac as a slot receiver to carve up cover 2 zones.

I would run 2x Ted Ginn but for some reason I have spent my coins elsewhere. He is worth the $$!! I love watching the matchup comparison and him being 20-22 spd higher than the CB covering him.

TDale5 07-29-2013 04:58 PM

I have Crabtree and Keyshon Johnson on the outside. Ike Hillard and Blackmon for the slot along with Vernon Davis and Kellon Winslow JR at TE.

I do think Tavon Austin would be a filthy slot man.

mr_dukes 07-29-2013 05:46 PM

Look for Wes welker

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zane3490 07-29-2013 08:27 PM

My wide outs go Braylon, AJ Green, Greg Salas and then Jernigan. Salas is a great slot receiver to have.

wewalt1 07-30-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_dukes (Post 2045298605)
Look for Wes welker

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree with this. Used him a ton early on. Never drops it, runs good routes and 95 acc. Also Santonio Holmes is another good cheap option.

Biizz713 07-30-2013 04:12 AM

Andre Johnson.

Onyx Lion 07-30-2013 04:22 AM

Don't know his price but Gold Anquan Boldin is a beast. Only an 86 but he has an insane 95-97 in catch in traffic. So he won't get scared of the footsteps.

icemansaggin 07-30-2013 03:01 PM

IF you talking for slot use whatever receiver has the highest catch in traffic rating. Those are usually your guys who will make the catches accross the middle and wont be so quick to drop the ball when they get hit.

For example i have santana moss, andre johnson, austin collie as my WRS. Austin CINT is higher than both santana moss and andre so he is in my slot even though overall he is higher than andre johnson. Sometimes you dont need a lineup of big time WRS, just get whoever can get the job done regardless of overall (to an extent)

stratospaly 07-31-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icemansaggin (Post 2045301873)
IF you talking for slot use whatever receiver has the highest catch in traffic rating. Those are usually your guys who will make the catches accross the middle and wont be so quick to drop the ball when they get hit.

For example i have santana moss, andre johnson, austin collie as my WRS. Austin CINT is higher than both santana moss and andre so he is in my slot even though overall he is higher than andre johnson. Sometimes you dont need a lineup of big time WRS, just get whoever can get the job done regardless of overall (to an extent)

This is so true! With Ginn, Hester, Tim Brown, and Broyles in my lineup listed from highest OVR to lowest I am at a 97. When I list them to my play-style I move down to 95 OVR. Tim Brown is a GREAT slot receiver, there is no reason to put him on the outside with 91 spd.

Ballgame59 01-22-2014 07:01 PM

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can improve this corp?

96 Fitzgerald, 96 Blackmon, 95 C. Johnson & 91 S. Moss.

Kennedyisdead 01-22-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045884501)

What is your price range?

regoob2 01-22-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045884501)

By replacing all of them.

Seriously though you're going to want to upgrade your WRs and we'd need to know what you're willing to spend.

TridentXVII 01-22-2014 07:20 PM

For under 50k 1. Terrance Williams Gotw makes believable spec catches 2. Gotw Dez Bryant relatively fast and good release and strength 3. Hines Ward he's not that flashy but hangs onto the ball, which is important when in the slot.

regoob2 01-22-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TridentXVII (Post 2045884555)
For under 50k 1. Terrance Williams Gotw makes believable spec catches 2. Gotw Dez Bryant relatively fast and good release and strength 3. Hines Ward he's not that flashy but hangs onto the ball, which is important when in the slot.

I really don't think any of those guys are much better then what he has.

He needs an elite Moss, CV Fitz, Elite Crabtree.

TridentXVII 01-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 2045884589)

I know they don't statistically seem better, but when you use them on the field there is a huge difference. I've used cv fitz and johnson before and they didn't seem worth their price. My fitz never had that great of a release and my johnson always dropped balls when he went up in the air. Williams and Bryant have dropped less than 10 balls in over 40ish games. Also, we don't know his price range so if he has no coins he could sell his guys for them. Just my opinion though.

CAJ16 01-22-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 2045884589)

Only thing I can really comment on is GotW Dez. Card stats aren't great but if you look deeper the stats are there. He is an excellent wideout guy.

I'd point out that Roddy LL is always open. I used him and Dez as my threats with Heinz for blocking purposes (and a nice possession option).

Ballgame59 01-22-2014 09:10 PM

I have about 200k but don't want to spend it all right now. Thing is, I throw about 5 passes per game - If that. I did just pick up Bolden for his 97 CIT.

There's only one card I think I actually need right now and that's GOTW Sherman. Is that what you call it? GOTW? So I am not even sure I should splurge on a receiver at this time. In fact, if I remember, I got all of those receivers in a pack. I just completed the Cover Athletes Challenge and was really hoping for Crabtree or Woodson. I got Frazier instead. Who I already had (and single handedly won the game for me).

EDIT: I usually use Ace backfield and have Davis as my TE.

Kennedyisdead 01-22-2014 10:25 PM

I don't throw much either and Dez and Williams are my 1 and 2, only cuz im a Cowboys fan. If I were to give you some advice it would be to make a team with players you like, instead of going for highest team possible. It is funner that way.

CAJ16 01-22-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedyisdead (Post 2045885068)
I don't throw much either and Dez and Williams are my 1 and 2, only cuz im a Cowboys fan. If I were to give you some advice it would be to make a team with players you like, instead of going for highest team possible. It is funner that way.

100% this. It's all good to build "the perfect lineup;" just remember that the closer you get to that the closer you will mirror other squads.

stand ur ground 01-22-2014 10:32 PM

Sherman on wkds usually pops up under 100k. Wait for better prices. And for wideout on a budget 99 fitz is like 40k. Thats almost a no brainer to me. Hes one of the best deals on the market. I prefer him in the slots

Ballgame59 01-22-2014 11:15 PM

Thanks guys. I am on board with getting players I like. I don't always use all of my highest rated players. I picked up Bolden and use him in the slot for now. Thrown to 3 times - three catches. One thing that I need to figure out is something that I probably should already know....and that is which WR I should put where.

UMkris 01-23-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045885210)
Thanks guys. I am on board with getting players I like. I don't always use all of my highest rated players. I picked up Bolden and use him in the slot for now. Thrown to 3 times - three catches. One thing that I need to figure out is something that I probably should already know....and that is which WR I should put where.

Quicker guys that have great route running ability are normally in the slot. You have your taller bigger guys normally on the outside like Moss, Crab, Blackmon, ect..... For me I have Howard, and Broyles in the slot with Moss and Crab on the outside. Seems to work just fine. Of course having Moss, Fitz in the slot is going to work also. Doesn't really matter to much.

Ballgame59 01-23-2014 10:42 AM

I'm really ticked off at myself right now....there was just a Moss up for about 35k/39k and I kept searching through the other two pages and when I came back, he was gone.

CAJ16 01-23-2014 10:50 AM

LOL, I've done that man. Yeah, that is an insta snag if for no other reason to flip.

regoob2 01-23-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TridentXVII (Post 2045884646)
I know they don't statistically seem better, but when you use them on the field there is a huge difference. I've used cv fitz and johnson before and they didn't seem worth their price. My fitz never had that great of a release and my johnson always dropped balls when he went up in the air. Williams and Bryant have dropped less than 10 balls in over 40ish games. Also, we don't know his price range so if he has no coins he could sell his guys for them. Just my opinion though.

I've used all those guys and Bryant is currently my #3 but the difference isn't really that big. Bryants release is only 90 I believe. He's probably my worst receiver I just play him cause I like him. Same with Alshon Jeffery who is better then Bryant.

Ballgame59 01-23-2014 03:47 PM

It'd be great if the cards showed their stats for what they've done for you like FIFA does.

I've also haven't seen a 99 Fitz on the market.

TridentXVII 01-23-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045886717)
It'd be great if the cards showed their stats for what they've done for you like FIFA does.

I've also haven't seen a 99 Fitz on the market.

I know. Before I sold my elite bailey he must've gotten over 100 picks for me he had a ton of multiple pick games and even had five in one game ( the guy ran the same play the entire game lol).

Eochs 01-23-2014 04:28 PM

It be great if we had a web portal, stats, etc. if they had an API like MUT which muthead uses I'd build us a site for it!

jaybird13 01-23-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045886717)

That would be incredible.

olevelo 01-23-2014 06:25 PM

Yup that's the thing I hate about this mode most. Really want to track my stats. Also need to be able to see more than my past 15 results! Can't remember who I played before. Oh and an overall rating for your opponent before starting the game!

Soonermagic69 01-27-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olevelo (Post 2045887201)
Yup that's the thing I hate about this mode most. Really want to track my stats. Also need to be able to see more than my past 15 results! Can't remember who I played before. Oh and an overall rating for your opponent before starting the game!

If they put the overall everyone would chicken out of playing someone good.

stand ur ground 01-27-2014 09:35 AM

I had my fitz up for 65 k last night. If it didnt sell ill sell it to u for a little cheaper. Msg me on ps3. Standurground